How much am I really burning on the Insanity workouts?

Options
Hello everyone, I am doing the insanity videos without a HRM and I was wondering if anyone here knows how to calculate all that with my body statistics.
I am a 5'7'', 225 lb female.
I just finished my Day 5 Pure Cardio DVD and holy hell I am exhausted. I admit I couldnt really keep up with their speed and continuance but I never once let my heart rate slow down. I kept pushing on. I dont get this gross or tired on the elliptical or treadmill so I assume I am burning more calories than on those.
does anyone have a website of height, weight, cardio heart rate and calories burned?? HELP! thank you

Replies

• tryttej
    tryttej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how hard you are working. I am 5'6", around 200 pounds. I cannot get through a whole video without some extra breaks, but feel like I am working awfully hard. With month one I was between 350-400 on my HRM, and so far with month two I am between 450-525 depending on the day. I tend to wear out and not push as hard as I should near the end or the pure cardio days with no breaks. Hope this helps...
  • deannamalik
    Options
    yeah I take more breaks too but I dont let my heart rate drop! I just need to buy a HRM lol. which one do you have?