Egg Whites

Options
13»

Replies

• BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One egg, several whites, sautéed spinach, reduced fat cheese, salsa (added at the end). Yum.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs are a perfect protein. Seriously. Tossing the yolk is throwing away most of the nutrition. If you need to cut calories you should do it elsewhere.

QFT!

Eggs are not only a perfect protein, they are a perfect food period. I wholeheartedly agree, you aren't going to get fat eating eggs and what you are "throwing" out is not worth the calorie deficit. Eat an egg. Add an egg white or two if you need to. Eggs are good for you. The fat is really good for you.

My go-to breakfast? 60 cal toast, egg and egg white poached, with a slice of ham and swiss cheese. 225 calories of perfection.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I make a couple different egg white frittatas:

in an oven safe pan -
    sautee onions, jalapeno, asparagus, whatever.
    Add a couple handfuls spinach and wilt
    add 16 oz liquid egg whites
    top with a couple oz feta
    put in 350 oven for 20 mins/until done

6 servings at +/- 125 cal

Buffalo mushroom:

Sautee mushrooms, onions
    mix 2T (or whatever makes you happy) Frank's Red Hot (or any cayenne/louisana red hot sauce) with egg whites
    add egg white mixture to mushrooms
    top with 2T crumbled blue cheese
    350 oven 20 mins
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites, 1 yolk, tomatoes, spring onion, kale and enokitake mushrooms fried in a few drops of coconut oil.
    DELICIOUS!

and I am trying the banana pancake recipe on Sunday!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Chop and saute onions,mushrooms,red peppers,zuchinni in a pan with cooking spray and spices then pour in eggwhites. Cook till done and place on whole grain bread with spinach on top.
  • creativecalico
    creativecalico Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually just mix liquid egg whites into drinks like green smoothies. All of the kind in the cartons are pasteurized so you don't actually have to cook them.