Supportive MFP Buddies Needed! I'm lots of fun I promise!

Options
Hello! I'm new to MFP and I'm looking for some friends who will help keep me accountable and even nag me when I don't log in lol I'm 23 years old and recently married. My husband and I suffered a miscarriage in the beginning of this year. It's taken a while to heal emotionally, now it's time to get myself to a healthy weight for when we try again later on. I want to be able to have a cute baby bump and not just look fat. I work full time while going to school part time. My husband is a bail bonds recovery agent. In our spare time we like to go to shooting on our in-laws property and we love to go camping and crabbing (fishing for crabs). I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook (which is part of my downfall). I married into an Italian family. My father-in-Law if a first generation Italian straight from the motherland while my husband is a 2nd generation, so eating and cooking isn't a hobby, its a way of life. It's almost a second language. I'm a Pinterest addict (admitting it is the first step lol) and I enjoy long walks on the beach and dancing in the rain lol jk. But I actually do love the beach lol The Fall season is my favorite time of year and I'm already decorating my house with pumpkins and fall scented candles. If I sound like you, give me an add! Would love lots of supportive friends!

Replies

• adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) We just had our baby 3 months ago and i gained back almost all of the weight I lost before I got pregnant. We had a miscarriage 3 years ago and it took me droping 70 pounds to get my little miracle. So it can be done. I am the same as you, I love Pintrest and long walks on the beach :)
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @adreal. Thanks for the reply! I'm assuming your profile pic is your new baby?! So adorable!! I've recently went into baby fever so I notice ALL things baby these days lol Thats awesome you were able to drop that much weight! I've got about 50 to go myself, but honestly I'd be happy with any form of loss even if its 5 lbs a month. We are planning on TTC this time next year so i'm not in a huge rush. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thats right. I started loosing the weight Jan 2012 and we were pregnant two weeks after coming off birth control in September. Actually I think we got pregnant today :) last year. It takes work and i let myself go when I got pregnant. To my defense I was really sick. I had a hard time after the miscarriage and gained a lot of weight but getting it off and achieving my goal was amazing!! You can do it.
  • Keena7656
    Options
    I'm older (43), I've been married 16 yrs. and I have 2 teenagers, but I think we're all here for the same reasons and you can't have too many friends supporting you for a good cause. Welcome :)
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I log every day and can always use now friends to support, but also hold me accountable. Friend request sent!
  • TLC7613
    Options
    Yeah I've read getting off BC can be a futile time lol We got pregnant while on BC, but I'm going to assume it was from a gap somewhere in there. My sister-in-law is a photographer, and this will be her first full blooded niece/nephew so I know she'll be taking a gazillion photos, so I gotta be ready at all times lol Seeing all those cute baby bump update ideas on pinterest really makes me want to slim down even more.
  • _amluvstld_
    Options
    We have lots in common!! It's almost like I'm reading my own intro! LOL Sending you a FR.

So sorry about your miscarriage, it is completely heartbreaking. I had one, too, many years ago and I still think about him often. PM me if you ever need to chat. :smile:
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. (anyone)
  • maureen1957
    maureen1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! It seems like I have been trying to lose weight all my life. I am 56 married (not happily) have a son who is married and lived in florida with his wife and son. I have been in TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) on and off since 1992. I weigh about 223lbs and need to get down to 180 lbs. I am a diabetic and take insulin and oral meds. About 4 years ago I got down below 200 lbs and was so happy but then I gained it all back. I am looking for friends to be supportive and motivate me. I had a membership to Anytime Fitness and I went 2 times. I need to get serious about this journey. My mom passed away in feb 2013 and my dad passed in june 1965. I still haven't gotten over my moms death. So I would love to have friends that are here for the same reason:smile:
  • TLC7613
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the kind words and requests ladies and gents!!
  • jentraveler
    jentraveler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your husband. I hope you are doing well and getting to a healthier place.

My husband and I recently lost a baby as well. At almost 12 weeks along, we found out that there was no heartbeat. We tried the medicine that is suppose to help your body pass the miscarriage but it didn't work. Four days later I had to have a D&C. Broke our hearts. I miss being pregnant. It's been a couple of weeks after the procedure but I'm not physically feeling back to normal at all. Lots of pain still and I don't feel up to workout yet, even though I really want to mentally.

Now I am super motivated to get back into being healthy, and maybe trying much later down the road. For right now I want to focus on being healthy and loosing some weight.

Anyone have any tips on getting back into working out and being healthy after a miscarriage?
  • __Angie__
    Options
    Anyone who needs a friend/motivator add me :)
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had a miscarriage back in March. Around the end of August I decided I wanted to get healthy before trying again. Feel free to add me too!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow pinterest addict!!! Would love to be part of your support network (and maybe even share some pinterest boards! =p).
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Also a Pintrest lover... Ive been here a yr next month, I am currently losing for my bestie's wedding that I am due to be in this March. I've gone from a size 14/16 to a size 6/8 in the last year mostly for my health but she was my motivation!

My original goal was to reach 110 lbs and then maintain between 110 & 115 but as we get closer to the wedding and I have to have my dress taken in very soon, I have decided to stop at 115 (just 6 lbs away!) and pick up after the wedding is over. Although, the closer we get and the slower my losses get, Im not really sure Im even going to make it to 115 by the time I need to alter my dress.

Anyway, I am always open to new friends and anyone may add me as well!
  • skinny_baby
    skinny_baby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have made a good decision by joining. I have been a member for 16 months. Lost 46 pounds. But gained back 20 pounds. I need to go down once again. But this time need to stay there. I would love to be your friend. I will support you, I promise.