Need new workout DVD's

Options
Hey all. I'm in the market for some new workout DVD's. Something with cardio and strength to help give me shape as I lose. What do you all suggest?

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Which ones do you already have?

I like the 10 minute solutions series (I have used the kickboxing one and yoga)
    I am currently doing the Turbo Jam which is good.
    I tried the 30 day shred which I wish I would have stayed with but my ankles couldn't take all the jumping.

Hope it helps. :)
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Do you have Comcast Cable? I love it because there are a ton of free on demand workouts you can do.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,615 Member
    Options
    I swear by Slim in 6 and its follow-up, Slim Series. I've lost more fat and gotten more definition with these than I did with P90X, which is a great workout.
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Jam. I love it. But I've been doing it off and on for a while. I have some of the Biggest Loser DVD's too. I also have Slim in 6 but I've never done much with it.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love turbojam as well, but I am considering buying jari love's dvds, they look like an amazing workout.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme...3 days/week of strength training, 2 days/week of cardio...will REALLY reshape your body. Message me if you'd like more info!! : )
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love Jazzercise! I take a class, but they do have videos too. You can buy them at www.jazzercise.com. I haven't tried any of the videos yet but I plan to get some for this winter for the days I can't make it to class. It is combined cardio and strength training.

I can tell a big difference in my body shape since I've been doing Jazzercise vs. when I used to just walk or do machines. I am actually losing inches in the places that I want to lose them now. Their classes are designed for women and overall toning and they definitely know what they are doing, I've never been happier with my results than I am now.
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    my faves are biggest loser- the 1st one and slim in 6- my sis loves the shape she gets doing slim in 6 and i LOVE the definition you get in the thighs from doing biggest loser because bob harper is a squating king!!!! squats and lunges, that's his thing! tried his new video- inside out method- pure strength, i have so much more squatting power in my legs after just a week its crazy!!! i got guys asking me how i do it... and mind you i'm still over 250 lol
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my faves are biggest loser- the 1st one and slim in 6- my sis loves the shape she gets doing slim in 6 and i LOVE the definition you get in the thighs from doing biggest loser because bob harper is a squating king!!!! squats and lunges, that's his thing! tried his new video- inside out method- pure strength, i have so much more squatting power in my legs after just a week its crazy!!! i got guys asking me how i do it... and mind you i'm still over 250 lol

I was looking at his new set but wasn't sure if it would be too intense for me yet.
  • gypsy_nurse
    gypsy_nurse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend swears up and down that I collect workout videos. I have almost all from Beachbody. My favorites in no particular order: Chalean Extreme, Turbo Jam, JM 30 Day Shred & her 5 disc set. i just got Turbo Fire in the mail saturday so am looking forward to starting it!