Weight Loss start for Fertility help

Options
Hello!
I am starting this weight loss journey for myself but also for my family. Hubby and I have been trying to start a family for 5 years. I have tried everything except losing weight. Everything else seemed hard but they were the easy options. I'm not allowing myself to be held back from my dreams by my weight anymore. I'm starting at 357 lbs. I'm 6'2" and 22 years old. I put on over 100 lbs when my mom passed away when I was 16, and I'm tired of carrying around this sorrow and pain with me. I started exercising 5 times a week, and staying under 1200-1500 calories. I have lost 4 lbs in a week so far. Anyone have any suggestions or tips on anything? So excited to see where this journey takes me. I feel like I'm starting my life over! Can't wait!

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have advice. Go to "home" then "settings" then "update file/fitness profile" then set it to "sedentary" then "lose 2 pounds a week", then "update".

Now, eat all the calories it tells you to.

When you exercise, log it in, enter it carefully (making sure not to exaggerate), and then eat those calories, too.

And then you'll lose weight fast and safely and have fun doing it.

I just can't believe that a 6'2", 357lb, 22yo should be eating only 1200-1500 cals.
  • sarahpadg
    sarahpadg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been going through the same thing. We've been trying for 4 years and I actually know that my weight is the problem. At the end of 2012 we finally got pregnant. We were so happy and just beyond overjoyed that it finally happened. I had recently lost 40 pounds which brought me down to 200. The happiness lasted a few weeks before something started to feel wrong. We ended up losing our baby and that was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I put the weight back on almost immediately. I had zero coping skills and turned to my old bad habits for comfort. Three weeks ago I made the promise to myself to get back on track, not in the hopes of getting pregnant again, but in the hopes of simply being happy again.

If you're going to do this, do it for yourself. A baby will be the most amazing reward for your hard work, but it will be that much sweeter if you love yourself along the way. I wish you luck in your journey... I'm rooting for you!!!