I'm new to this and need some weight loss buddies! =)

Options
Hi! I want to lose 55lbs (to begin with). I've read the weight loss journey is easier to do with other people, so I"m fiving it a shot! Any helpful tips would be great. I am a very busy single mom, so finding time for anything is tough, but I work it in when I can. I get to the gym every day for 30 minutes and am really looking to maximize my minimal time if you know what I mean, thanks in advance! OH- also thinking of doing the advocare 24 day challenge...thoughts?

Robyn

Replies

• 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. 30 lbs to lose for me.

THanks!

Anyone else is welcome to add me as well!
  • littlesimon10
    littlesimon10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will add you! I am new to this site as well. Wanting to get healthy and stay that way. I am also wanting to lose about 50 pounds to begin with.

I tried Advocare but wasn't as strict as I should have been with it. One thing is for sure that it gave me a ton of energy.
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi! I want to lose 55lbs (to begin with). I've read the weight loss journey is easier to do with other people, so I"m fiving it a shot! Any helpful tips would be great. I am a very busy single mom, so finding time for anything is tough, but I work it in when I can. I get to the gym every day for 30 minutes and am really looking to maximize my minimal time if you know what I mean, thanks in advance! OH- also thinking of doing the advocare 24 day challenge...thoughts?

Robyn

I have a relative who is into advocare, and I've been thinking about trying it, too.
  • ShatokaMTN
    ShatokaMTN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've also thrown my hat into the Advocare ring, so I thought I'd share my experience.

Advocare works best if you're someone who really needs/likes guides to help make sure you're doing everything "right". As I was going through the 24 days, I noticed that a lot of their suggestions are the same as what you get in many other "challenges" (Don't drink soda or eat sugary snacks! Eat more leafy greens and lean meats!), so if you've already got a good idea on those kinds of tips and are good at adhering to your own willpower, then Advocare is rather unnecessary in my opinion.

If you'd prefer that extra push and those extra tips on how to get the weight loss started, then you're bound to get results from the challenge.

I will admit that I lost about 20 pounds during those 24, though your mileage may vary, considering that I'm at quite the hefty weight.
  • girlaboutweb
    Options
    Same here. Have 50lbs to lose :) Feel free to add me.
  • Bejazzledazzled
    Options
    Hi OP and everyone else! I'm also jumping back on the wagon after falling off, rolling all the way down hill and getting hit head on by a semi , lol. I just signed up and installed the app on my phone, but I've been going strong for two weeks and have lost about 7lbs so far. It's hard going it alone and I'm also a single mom (my long term bf is in incredible shape, and claims to love my "curves", I.e. FAT, so not much help there).

I was hoping I could add some new motivational friends to swap tips and progress updated with. :-) I have at least 70-80 lbs to go, just so you have an idea of where I'm at.

Thanks!
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear about advocare...I need energy!! Losing 50 lbs seems daunting doesn't it?! Ha! WE CAN DO IT! What is your plan?
  • ripzone13
    Options
    Hi there! I've also thrown my hat into the Advocare ring, so I thought I'd share my experience.

Advocare works best if you're someone who really needs/likes guides to help make sure you're doing everything "right". As I was going through the 24 days, I noticed that a lot of their suggestions are the same as what you get in many other "challenges" (Don't drink soda or eat sugary snacks! Eat more leafy greens and lean meats!), so if you've already got a good idea on those kinds of tips and are good at adhering to your own willpower, then Advocare is rather unnecessary in my opinion.

If you'd prefer that extra push and those extra tips on how to get the weight loss started, then you're bound to get results from the challenge.

I will admit that I lost about 20 pounds during those 24, though your mileage may vary, considering that I'm at quite the hefty weight.

Thank you for the honest feed back. I am looking forward to the cleanse as well as the energy boost and (fingers crossed) weight loss. 20 lbs is a LOT of weight, good for you!
  • ripzone13
    Options
    Thank you for the honest feed back. I am looking forward to the cleanse as well as the energy boost and (fingers crossed) weight loss. 20 lbs is a LOT of weight, good for you!
  • courtneybusdeker
    Options
    Hey there,
    I sent ya a message and friend request. Anyone is welcome to add me as well. I am a 32 yr old(about to be 33) single mom to a 4 yr old boy. I am also a full time senior nursing student that CAN NOT wait for graduation in MAY!!!!!! I lost 55 lbs in 6 months on Weight Watchers after my son was born, with no exercise. Well with the stress of wonderful nursing school, my crazy boy, and money worries, I have put on all of that weight back. I have tried several times back on WW and a couple times here, but I am tired ONCE AND FOR ALL of clothes not fitting right, and I surely dont want to be a fatty for graduation in May 2014. I want to have the energy to keep up with my boy, and show him how to live a healthy and active lifestyle! So right now I have about 50 lbs or so to lose to be at my goal.
  • ripzone13
    Options
    Hi OP and everyone else! I'm also jumping back on the wagon after falling off, rolling all the way down hill and getting hit head on by a semi , lol. I just signed up and installed the app on my phone, but I've been going strong for two weeks and have lost about 7lbs so far. It's hard going it alone and I'm also a single mom (my long term bf is in incredible shape, and claims to love my "curves", I.e. FAT, so not much help there).

I was hoping I could add some new motivational friends to swap tips and progress updated with. :-) I have at least 70-80 lbs to go, just so you have an idea of where I'm at.

Thanks!

Heck ya! I'm in the same boat with you. Hugs and thanks to all those that love these beautiful curves, but I'm over it! I want to be strong and healthy, and surrounded by people working towards the same goal.
  • ripzone13
    Options
    Hey there,
    I sent ya a message and friend request. Anyone is welcome to add me as well. I am a 32 yr old(about to be 33) single mom to a 4 yr old boy. I am also a full time senior nursing student that CAN NOT wait for graduation in MAY!!!!!! I lost 55 lbs in 6 months on Weight Watchers after my son was born, with no exercise. Well with the stress of wonderful nursing school, my crazy boy, and money worries, I have put on all of that weight back. I have tried several times back on WW and a couple times here, but I am tired ONCE AND FOR ALL of clothes not fitting right, and I surely dont want to be a fatty for graduation in May 2014. I want to have the energy to keep up with my boy, and show him how to live a healthy and active lifestyle! So right now I have about 50 lbs or so to lose to be at my goal.

I'm right there with you. I recently (omg it's been a YEAR) lost 30 lbs, and put some of it back on...I still have 50 or more to go. Congrats on almost being done with nursing school! i have a high stress job (that I love), so between that and my little girl...wow, finding time to get fit is tough...but I am going to try my darndest....I think it's so important to show our kids what healthy living looks like. Ya know?