Wardrobe items you bought with optimism....

Options
Frankie_Felinius
Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
What have you bought and never worn yet with the high hopes of it fitting/looking better and/or using as motivation?

A purple ruched and ruffled Kenneth Cole swimsuit I bought at Goodwill for $7 with tags still on that looks so retro
A black and white gingham halter dress with an attached black tulle crinoline
A denim-ish wiggle dress
A coral dress with folded down cheetah print pieces on the collar bone
A satin rose-printed tiered and fringed dress
A red white and blue striped romper
A vintage wedding gown

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I have my size 4 jeans front and center in my close that I fit into 2 years ago! They are calling my name! LOL! I just haven't worn them in a while. I miss them.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    article-0-0C544CFD00000578-833_233x536.jpg

I can get into all of it but the bottoms. They just look stupid. :grumble:
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I have a black dress I meant to be into by november 2010. It's still got the tags attached. Also the same year I bought a beautiful silver chain that hooks around your neck like a choker and runs down to hook around your waist like belt. You wear it and nothing else... someday...
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    -a super cute maxi skirt from target! I feel way too wide to wear it now.. when I get to my goal or closer to my goal, I know I will feel more comfortable!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    gimp mask
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I guess I have the stuff that I wore pre-baby that I'd like to fit in again...I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who buys stuff NOW that is too small yet to fit into. I shop almost exclusively at Goodwill though and if you want something, you better buy it then or it will be gone. And it is so hard to pass things up that are less than $5 usually!
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, i have bought many things with the hopes of "I'll be able to wear it eventually" but as of yet, I haven't been able to wear any of the stuff. But I will. Just bought some jeans yesterday and I WILL fit in to in the next few months.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    What have you bought and never worn yet with the high hopes of it fitting/looking better and/or using as motivation?

A purple ruched and ruffled Kenneth Cole swimsuit I bought at Goodwill for $7 with tags still on that looks so retro
    A black and white gingham halter dress with an attached black tulle crinoline
    A denim-ish wiggle dress
    A coral dress with folded down cheetah print pieces on the collar bone
    A satin rose-printed tiered and fringed dress
    A red white and blue striped romper
    A vintage wedding gown

i have a feeling i would LOVE your wardrobe!!

i currently fit in my goal items, a pair of size 16 docker trouser pants and a newport news ruffle dress size18...i need to go and look around for some goal clothes! in general i'd love to wear a bikini without making anyone want to vomit.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of skinny jeans that I don't even recall buying, but can almost guarantee that they were an "oh, I'll fit into those in a couple months" purchase. Instead they've been sitting in my closet for I'm guessing close to 2 years. I was thrilled to find them the other day, and even more thrilled to find that they finally fit! In another 10 pounds or so I'll be able to wear them comfortably, and I'm so stoked about that!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Neon blue man thong. It looks goooooood.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    skinny jeans! They were skin tight (had to lay down to zip/button) and looked bad because of my huge hips. now they fit great and look good too if I do say so myself!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I got a pretty coral dress on clearance at the end of summer last year. Still doesn't fit. It's one of those skin tight things so I can't wear until I flatten my stomach out a little more :blushing:
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have 3 old pairs of jeans from high school that I want to fit again, I keep them in a spot where I have to see them everyday to focus on my goal. (I was heavy in high school as well, but not as heavy as I am now) Also I now buy all my band tshirts from concerts in medium instead of large, so I will have all these awesome shirts to wear in the future!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    article-0-0C544CFD00000578-833_233x536.jpg

I can get into all of it but the bottoms. They just look stupid. :grumble:
    Ahhh, there we go. This actually looks like my bra today, but it's red and black instead of pink and black. PRETTTTTY!

MU - please never wear this, although it is pretty. I have something special for you in the trunk of my car. Don't mind the ropes and stuff.
  • justiceevers
    Options
    I really don't have any of these items. I just recently got into fitness, lost some weight, and all my current clothes are too big!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    elephant thong. LOL
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    elephant thong. LOL

do magnums count?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Well, I had been wearing size 36 jeans and XL shirts. When I was recently down around 190 I was in size 32 jeans and Medium shirts. I have since gained a few lbs back, and the smaller sizes are a big snug, but last week I was shopping and *still* bought the smaller sizes...with lots of optimism!