Slimming calves to fit comfortable into tall boots?

Options
2»

Replies

• katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I used to have this same problem. I bought a pair of boots today that zip up and they fit PERFECTLY. I've lost 25 lbs and seriously haven't worked out at all (not saying that proudly, I gotta get into it). But I think this has more to do with losing weight than any kind of spot-exercise. I never had anything I'd call "fat" calves but they were too big to fit comfortably into tall boots. Not anymore! Work out and eat at a deficit and you can lose 4-8 lbs in a month. That'll help.
  • lucky2beinlove
    Options
    Caloric deficit + Squats & Deadlifts

What are deadlifts?
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You're right...spot reducing isn't possible. I'm one of those people who stores most of her fat in her legs. I've always had big calves and I used to blame it on competitive riding and hockey.

In the last few months, each of my calves have gone down a couple inches (but so has the rest of me). At 16% body fat, I can finally wear boots and get skinny jeans on. I don't think it matters much what kind of exercise you're doing, as long as you're eating at a calorie deficit to shrink. You'll just likely notice the difference in your upper body first. While I'm a healthy body fat, I look like I'm 13-14% body fat from the waist up and 20% body fat from the waist down. It's weird. Just keep burning dem calories and be patient.
  • lucky2beinlove
    Options
    Can you try to stretch the boots? That would probably be the easiest thing. I have chunky legs and I've never been able to wear tall boots. It is on my to do list for the fall to find some that will fit!

I've considered stretching them... but I've heard of good and bad results. Not sure I wanna take the risk??
  • Hydrowallets
    Options
    Take the boots to a cobbler. Providing they are leather, they can stretch them on a machine.