Can I Lose Body Fat Without Losing Weight

Options
I'm happy at the weight I'm at, and I'm even more happy with the results I'm getting from weight training.

What I'm wondering is if it is possible to lower my body fat percentage without losing weight. Can this happen if I eat at a maintenance and continue weight training or do I have to eat at a deficit in order to achieve this?

Replies

• pscott822
    pscott822 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Get a body fat scale that also measures % hydration. Track weight, % BF, and % H.

I weigh myself after workouts to check my hydration levels. Therefore I can see what's fat, What's muscle and what's water weight.
    I am trying to lose, but I am also gaining some muscle. But there have been weeks in which my fat loss was offset by muscle gain. So it seems entirely possible to reduce fat and put on muscle.
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look into getting one of those!
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look into getting one of those!

I would wait for a few more replies first before you heed his advice. From what I hear, those scales are wildly inaccurate. I'm not really informed enough to comment on everything else.
  • briansyuki
    briansyuki Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lower your bf% without losing weight. You'll need to focus on your diet, eat more proteins and include the other macro-nutrients as well, also stay hydrated. Do strength training and interval training to burn the fat and maintain lean mass.