One mile NSV

Options
A while back I started calorie counting and that didn't last too long. Well, I'm back. I haven't been counting my calories so much, but I have been paying more attention to what I've been putting into my body. I've also started running. My girlfriend and I started walking and about three weeks ago we got new shoes and started running. I never thought that I would enjoy running but last week I was able to make it to the 1/2 mile mark and was thrilled. That was the farthest I had ever been able to run and this week I was able to push to a mile. Two days in a row this week I've ran for one mile. I forgot to start the timer but I looked at my phone as I started and was able to do it in 10-11 minutes. It hasn't been easy but every time I see a 1/4 mile mark it pushes me to the next. I'm taking today off but I'll be back at it tomorrow. Who knows, maybe I'll be ready for a 5k by the end of the year after all.

Replies

• MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    First off, huge congratulations!! Secondly, You sound exactly like i did 5 mths ago. I very vividly remember being able to hit the 1 mile mark and the feeling it gave me was what got me hooked on running. 6 mths ago I couldn't run for longer then 60 seconds, since then I've ran in 4 5k's and a 10k. You will be amazed at how quickly you will progress now. Happy running!!
  • make_it_so
    make_it_so Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We will be ready, sweetie! I love you!
  • seniorbug2003
    seniorbug2003 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!! I remember when I was able to walk a mile in one workout. I took pictures with my cellphone, called my mom after, then told my husband when I got home, told the girls at work. I was over the moon. My next goal is to add more running in to the walking.

Wish you the best of luck!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's fantastic! Keep it up; you're only going to get better and better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!