seriously why do people do this?

Options

Replies

• kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ok I have to rant a little here

In every forum I have ever commented on, or posted in (more so outside than here at MFP) why are there people who have to turn whatever thought/question you had into a debate and put you down? Example:
    On Craigslist I asked a question about a blue eyed Doberman puppy that my fiancé and I are looking at keeping (our Dobe had puppies) I was curious if anyone had seen a black and tan Doberman with blue eyes. Most answers were helpful and that they eyes will most likely change color. But the rest were people hounding me about who the breeder is (I didn't say it was me due to immediate flaming responses about BYB and irresponsibility.....sigh), what medical tests were done, if I already have dogs how can I afford another. In an earlier post I had asked about chew toys, what happened to those dogs? Blah blah blah. seriously is it that hard for someone to read a post, decide they have nothing to contribute that is useful and move on? I mean seriously, I asked about eye color, what does my job or my home life have to do with Doberman eye color? COME ON!

*deep breath* ok I think I am done. I just get so irked with things like that. I mean someone is looking for information and they get bombarded with irrelevant questions, called liars, and so many other names...what's the point other than to just be a butthead (for lack of using the words I would like to due to forum rules)

You're taking valuable space from the internet. Please stop! This is MFP not why are people mean over the internet.

it relates to MFP, If Im upset or stressed it effects my eating habits. Venting helps prevent that.....lol. That's also why I posted it in the chit-chat section.

It's fine.
    Don't be upset.
    Don't stress.
    It's over.
    Let it go now
    Happens.
    Life.

:flowerforyou:

Thank you, it just irks me, and its one of those irks that sticks with you.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Damn trolls...lol.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options
    Well, think about everyone you know in real life. At least a few of those people suck, right?

When you post on the internet, you are inviting every person with an internet connection to be part of your conversation. Some of those people suck.

This is true. It seems common sense flies out the window online too. Oh well, some of the posts on craigslist are hilarious to watch people go off on a topic about nothing.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    49665-The-Internet--jen-presents--Th-hatl.gif

6854sn.jpg

50189-IT-Crowd-gif--I-love-this-I-fe-2Ab8.gif

Pretty much.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that Craigslist had forums. I learned something today.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options
    What I got from your rant is you don't like being questioned or/and made to think about the effects of your decisions.

Okay then.

P.S. Welcome to the internet and life.

Kinda like in real life when someone thinks they know how I should be managing my diabetes when they know nothing about. Because they have heard the myths of diabetes they are an expert and know that I'm not allowed to eat mashed potatoes, or whatever the food maybe.

Those people usually get a nice earful from me.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options
    I had no idea that Craigslist had forums. I learned something today.

Yep, they are international. when your on the main page the are in the bottom left corner.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Meh, just click the X and move on. Anonymity gives people courage to be complete *kitten*, don't let them bring you down.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options
    love your ticker btw
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    gallery_35942_10875_10408973834c2116457747c.gif

I said what what
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Why did you not post this on Craigslist?

Why did I not post the rant on Craigslist, or the question? I posted the Doberman question. And am thinking about posting the rant, however all it will do is send people off on their own tangents and name calling and Im not sure I want to deal with that.

What makes you think the exact same thing won't happen here?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

223mm.gif
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So did the puppies eye colour change?

My addition is - A lot of people are probably drunk when they are online :drinker:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    It can only "get to you" if you let it "get to you". That's all in your control. Hard lesson to learn, but once you do - you have a LOT less stress. good luck.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better now. People are generally *kitten*, especially on the net.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

Why did I not post the rant on Craigslist, or the question? I posted the Doberman question. And am thinking about posting the rant, however all it will do is send people off on their own tangents and name calling and Im not sure I want to deal with that.
    are we nicer over here? Just asking. Never post on Craigslist.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

are we nicer over here? Just asking. Never post on Craigslist.

MFP is the definition of vanilla nice forums. Some forums out there are brutal.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

223mm.gif

liar.jpg
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    h3D0A8DAB