Help with Discipline

Options
Hi guys!

I've been on MFP for over a year and a half. I've lost 20 or so pounds, and I am not far from my goal weight, probably about 5-10lbs to go. I have been struggling a little lately with my discipline and motivation, and having trouble sticking within my calories lately.

Do you have any advice for when you're close to goal to keep going strong and stay motivated? I feel like maybe having more support would help me stay on track, and I am happy to lend support to those who need it too! Feel free to friend me, or send me your name and I'll follow you.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• _jordy_
    _jordy_ Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I find I have bouts with that too.
    When I feel I need a little extra, I just do. Though, I always go for a long run or work out harder after (even if it doesn't burn off all I ate) It makes me feel less 'guilty' about the indulgence, and I find I don't end up eating out of control the next day because I haven't denied myself.
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I too have been struggling with staying on track. I have been on MFP for a while now (a few years off and on); sometimes I do really well and am able to stay on track and then for no good reason I lose all motivation and start slacking again.
    I have to ask...what do you feel makes you not be able to stick to your calories? Are you exercising more and then you feel hungrier? If so, I'd say change things up a bit food wise and see where that takes you :)

As for the motivation part, there is no one single thing that I have found that makes me motivated. Just having friends and family to cheer you on is the best one...also having a picture of you in your heavier days where you see it everyday and use it as a reminder of how far you've come helps too.

I'm happy to be your cheerleader and help motivate you though! Please do the same for me (cause God knows I need it) and I think we can reach our goals :)
  • kimf79
    kimf79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I too have been struggling with staying on track. I have been on MFP for a while now (a few years off and on); sometimes I do really well and am able to stay on track and then for no good reason I lose all motivation and start slacking again.
    I have to ask...what do you feel makes you not be able to stick to your calories? Are you exercising more and then you feel hungrier? If so, I'd say change things up a bit food wise and see where that takes you :)

As for the motivation part, there is no one single thing that I have found that makes me motivated. Just having friends and family to cheer you on is the best one...also having a picture of you in your heavier days where you see it everyday and use it as a reminder of how far you've come helps too.

I'm happy to be your cheerleader and help motivate you though! Please do the same for me (cause God knows I need it) and I think we can reach our goals :)

Hi!

Thanks so much for your message! Yay, we are already friends on MFP so we can support each other.

I think the things that throw me off are more social events, I have a friend in town now so there's more eating out, or having drinks more often usually throws me off balance. Once I've been going over for awhile then I start to feel like I'm out of control and it seems harder to get things back under control. Part of that feeling is just in my head cause every day I have the opportunity to start fresh and do well again. I guess I just get afraid of going back to old ways, kwim?

Also I guess a lot of working out will make me more hungry as well. Anyways yeah I am happy to be your cheerleader as well. Lets get down to our goal weights!! :)

Thanks!