New to Running & MFP - Need A Motivation Buddy

Options
Hey everyone. I'm new to MFP, but not new to weight loss. LIke many I've "done it all", but can never seem to get past that 20lb mark with anything. I lose motivation because I'm always doing it alone. It'd be nice to have a buddy or buddies I could talk to when things get really hard. I've done Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers (which really is great but $$), tried on my own, etc etc. A year ago I made a choice to run a half marathon and I'm a few months away from that goal. I've lost weight, but have mostly just maintained any weight I was initally losing.

Anyway! I have about 60lbs to lose and I hope there's someone else out there who really is alone trying to lose weight. I don't have a support system and it really sucks. I'm a great motivator for others, but I seem to not be able to find someone who can be a great motivator for me. Let me know - I'd love to have someone who I can cry with on those nights when I break down and eat greasy fast food.

Replies

• Free2fly522
    Options
    Hi there! You can add me. Congrats on approaching your goal of running a half marathon!
  • Kendrafhubbell
    Options
    You can add me. I am alone in losing weight and I have 100lbs I need to lose :'( I would try to help you along as much as I could. Once I get in better shape I would like to try a half marathon. It's GREAT that you are so close to that goal, go get em girl! :)
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Because I've always been ashamed of my weight, I don't talk about to ANYONE. Even my husband. So yes, I completely understand feeling alone.

I'd love if we could keep each other going!