Wheelchair to running coach. In 28 months. 100lbs lost.

Options

Replies

• MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! I'm glad to see that you were able to overcome your health issues and was determine to be healthy. Your story is very inspiring and I will always think of you and your success when I want to through in the towel.
    Thanks for sharing your story! I'm sending you a friend request so you can motivate me and give me some advice to accomplish my weight loss journey.

Great accomplishment!:flowerforyou:
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Holy. Cow.

I would hug you and then start applauding if I ever met you. You are amazing and I'm BEYOND impressed and inspired.

THIS X 10
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed. one of my favorite things I've ever read. congratulations girl##
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Job well done
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Thank you.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Such an inspiring story! Thank you for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations on a wonderful story. Almost two years ago I was in a wheelchair having broken my leg... I weighed 226 lbs, and could hardly get about on crutches. I haven't lost as much as you, but am going in for the Great South Run on 27th of this month... I would have laughed if someone had told me back then I would be doing this. I shan't be able to do more than a slow jog for a few minutes, then a brisk walk. But I will do it, and am aiming to do the 10 miles in less than 3 hours... Having heard your story, I shall enter for it next year, and this time aim to run all the way!! And at my age (72), if I can do this, anyone can!!

Super photos, and all the best with your new venture. But best of all that you are a healthy, fit and active Mum!!

:flowerforyou:
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, I am so proud of you and I really, really, really needed to see this story right now. I am so impressed, and moved, and am lying here crying.
    I'm 6-months post surgery for spinal cord compression from a ruptured disc. I had already lost the weight before the injury, but I get so discouraged by my lack of progress. That picture of you with the walker... I can't even put into words what that made me feel, and to know that you've come so far and accomplished so much...
    Thank you. Thank you for overcoming and for thriving. I hope I can find the strength to do what you have done.
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are seriously an inspiration. Amazing.
  • Aishteru85
    Aishteru85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You're such and inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story! :smile:
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    Outrageous!!!! Can't say enough, but I don't have the words! Absolutely awesome and inspirational.
    Like you, I have found a love for running. I don't imagine that I will be doing any marathons, but I can see a half in my future. If it wasn't for a bathroom remodel that is sucking the life out of me I would be doing a 10 mile man vs. horse run this weekend. Before this year I hadn't run in over 20 years.
    Congratulations on finding your new you...and rockin' it!
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You are phenomenal and you have done an amazing job! Congratulations!
  • babytwoblues
    Options
    You are n inspiration, beyond words! I am so motivated to continue my health journey thanks to you!
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Really amazing! You look so happy and rejuvinated too!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I saw a post from you months back and thought you were doing great....you have done AMAZING!!! Congrats! You are a true inspiration to all!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your success, what an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    Clearly one of those people that, like a pebble in a pond, is making ripples in people's lives.

Congrats! Keep it up!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you're awesome. Big Kudos on the hard work and dedication!
  • Jessiejla80
    Jessiejla80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration:-)
  • JAyers27
    JAyers27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Such an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations on your success. Hard work and dedication really do pay off. Good to see. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!