Sports bras..can't get them off

Options
2»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I. always. get. stuck. :embarassed:
    I thought that was the way it was supposed to be :blushing: I'm gonna have to check out those front clasp ones at Walmart, getting out of a schweddy sports bra isn't as amusing as it sounds :laugh:

I think I have a picture somewhere... I'll see what I can do for posting a picture so you have an idea. who doesn't like being cute AND functional!!!!

bam- there we go.

I'd say this is good to go up 1-2 more sizes- but depending on what you were doing I wouldn't go into like triple D or larger for sure.
    I was wearing a 36C- but it's just not enough- 34D is moar better- and I'm still having fit issues with street bras- but if gives you an idea- it holds a decent size.

anyway- I love this- I own 2 or 3 and I need more- it's time to retire one- I've had it for like 3 years!

20130611_232217_zpseddd6caf.jpg

Perfect!!! Thanks for the pic, I'm gonna have to hunt one of those suckers down, I'm starting to have trouble with range of motion in my right arm, I think it might be frozen shoulder :ohwell: so I've been trying to unfreeze it with arm circles every day but it *still* makes getting in and out of sports bras hellacious. :blushing:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no problem- it's hard to describe properly.

the only down side to this- is it's a tight racer back- no straps- so you have to do a shoulder thing to get out of it. I don't find it a problem- but if you have limited mobility/shoulder issues it *could* be an issue. Unless you have a buddy ;)

but it goes on and off like a button down shirt essentially.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I dislike sports bras, and just use a regular minimizing bra. I've never had an issue with chafing or bounce, mostly because they girls don't jiggle like they did 80 pounds ago...they're a bit deflated now!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i'm sure your mate can rip it off
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Why not get one that works like a regular bra. Hooks in the back.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    take it off like you would take off a tshirt...you wouldn't take off a tshirt by pulling your arms back through the hole. just lift the entire contraption up over your head by grabbing the bottom band with crossed arms
  • acwd
    acwd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pull snug sports bras down, just like stepping out of a 1-piece swimsuit. Anyone else do that?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Well unless you are really thin, a really tight one generally won't slide down over your hips.

Moving Comfort Fiona is sold on Amazon and other sites, has rear hooks like a regular bra an should be great for a 34 B/C.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I pull snug sports bras down, just like stepping out of a 1-piece swimsuit. Anyone else do that?

hell no- my butt is like 6" bigger than my lats... I'd stretch them all out after like 3 uses.

But if your butt is as big or smaller- go for it. no reason not to other than it's just a pain to bend over LOL
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I always assumed these came off the same way tight technical shirts do: grab at the bottom hem and "peel" it off. Don't try and pull it off from the neck because that material just doesn't slide on skin. Right?

ETA: Yeah, like this:
    take it off like you would take off a tshirt...you wouldn't take off a tshirt by pulling your arms back through the hole. just lift the entire contraption up over your head by grabbing the bottom band with crossed arms
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't pull my arms back through first...

I just grab the hems on either side with the opposite hand, arms over my head, and pull up. And then it's just off.

If you are having this problem a lot, get the hooked ones, maybe?

Edit because I accidentally said 'hooker' instead of 'hooked'. lol

That's what I do and a hooker bra sounds kind of fun!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

this is how I get stuck..I end up with my thumbs hooked under the hems with both arms crossed over my forehead and then....I gotta wiggle. A lot. Peeling helps but unfortunately, the material doesn't have enough 'give' for that, so I end up trying to pull upwards...it's just awkward. No one's caught me yet, but I imagine it looks pretty pathetic, especially since it usually takes about 3 tries to actually get the dang thing off.