Cheesecake?

Options
gibbsgirl
gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
I am a sucker for Copeland's cheesecake but there's no way I can fit it into my daily calories. Anyone got any good low-cal or semi-low-cal cheesecake recipes? If I don't get any soon, I might cave! lol

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    This one is what I make for extra special occasions. So far, everyone who's had it has raved about it. I like the hint of lemon and gingersnap crust.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=224920
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I'm always hesitant to make a whole cheesecake or any baked goodies cause I know I will eat it all.....on I definitely can't fit that into my calorie budget...LOL

I did go out to eat on Friday and on a whim, I decided to order a piece of cheesecake to go with it......with two forks. WIthout the forks, the calorie count was 660 calories. After DH and I split it down the centre, I was able to fit it into my calories for the day, felt great about the decision and had that undeniable treat :) I figure half the calories ain't so bad....if you are disciplined enough, it's a great option.

Another thing I used to see about 3 years ago when I went shopping at the grocery store were cheesecake bites. They're about 1 inch squares that you keep in the freezer - each square was about 100 calories. Great for when you just gotta have it but don't want to splurge....it's a single mouthful, but sinfully good. If you'd prefer to make, I don't see why you couldn't make cheesecake, cut it into 1" squares, freeze them apart on a cookie sheet and then when frozen, bag em.....makes for a great snack and much less calories.
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My BF and I share dessert sometimes, but I'm willing to bet this cheesecake is around 1000 cals a piece. It's sinful.

Making the squares is a great idea! And that recipe does look good.
  • hannie75
    hannie75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    try this:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=2060

its even better frozen..
    add a bit more low fat cream cheese to make it cheesier
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I was going to lead your to Hungry Girl but someone got there first.

Skinnytaste.com has several - like

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/no-bake-cheesecake.html
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others regarding the cheesecake bites, plus it's easier to control your portions that way. Also, I've found that there are two things I do if I want to fit a special treat into my daily caloric intake. First, I workout early in the day, which tells me that I've earned extra calories through exercise. Secondly, I go ahead and log my dessert. That way I'm sure to fit it in and cut back on the calories in other meals for that day.
  • mrsmillan
    Options
    I made a weight watchers cheese cake recipe once, and everybody actually liked it better then the regular cheese cake at the party!!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    how about cheesecake flavored jello pudding? those aren't that bad calorie wise and they give the taste of cheesecake atleast.
  • rahretro
    rahretro Posts: 15
    Options
    i havr a recipe for cheesecake lollipops somewhere they arent to bad in cals plus you get cheesecake and chocolate ill try to find it
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    i havr a recipe for cheesecake lollipops somewhere they arent to bad in cals plus you get cheesecake and chocolate ill try to find it

Sounds awesome! Hope you find it :)