Loose wait but not gain muscle help

Options
I am trying to loose weight but I want to do some weights but I don't want to gain muscle just yet. But I been told and read to do strength to loose weight what's right an not to loose weight

Replies

• Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yep, its virtually impossible to build muscle when eating at a deficit. However, weight training is a great idea especially if (like me) you have a lot of weight to lose. When you diet your body will lose muscle as well as fat unless you use the muscle. Putting it very simply your body looks for ways to save energy and muscle takes energy to maintain so if you are dieting and not using the muscles you'll lose some. By weight training you retain muscle which a)uses calories to maintain so helps your weight loss and b)when you get to target you are toned and look great.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    do you want to "tone"? here's some information, "toning" is a "girly" way to say "muscle". Unless you're taking steroids, you WONT look like a man when you gain muscle. You'll look like a woman. With tone.

READ THIS, i mean it. http://sophieologie.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/1200-calories/
  • JorisSt
    Options
    Maybé you can eat some extra protein supplements to have the important calories to burn fat and gain muscles...

Joris S.
    musclemaximum.org
  • christopherdunne547
    Options
    *lose.

If you are eating less than you burn off you won't gain muscle, no matter how many weights you lift. So don't worry

Not necessarily true...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am trying to loose weight but I want to do some weights but I don't want to gain muscle just yet. But I been told and read to do strength to loose weight what's right an not to loose weight

you wont gain muscle on a deciift other that a little noob gains perhaps.
  • christopherdunne547
    Options
    With the right diet you can lose fat and gain muscle, just throwing this out there.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    do you want to "tone"? here's some information, "toning" is a "girly" way to say "muscle". Unless you're taking steroids, you WONT look like a man when you gain muscle. You'll look like a woman. With tone.

READ THIS, i mean it. http://sophieologie.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/1200-calories/

Yes, read this. Every woman should.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

this is what it looks like when you strength train to lose weight. The picture on the left I weigh between 188 and 199 lbs ( not 100% sure). I wear size 16/18 pants and a 42DD bra. The picture on the right is the EXACT same shirt, and I weigh 194lbs. I wear size 14 pants, and a 38C bra.

10035269906_47277afec6.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

my thighs haven't changed in measurement much, but they are pretty much SOLID, and I can see the beginning of quad definition. My biceps and shoulders have some nice definition. I'm still clinically obese ( I have 45lbs to lose), but my obliques are visable, and if I flex, I can see my top abs coming in.

9603045832_e20cbf450f.jpg
    before plank challenge by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Maybé you can eat some extra protein supplements to have the important calories to burn fat and gain muscles...

Joris S.
    musclemaximum.org
    Lol, your information is so much broscience. You need to stop giving advice till you understand physiology.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

You have the impression that as a woman putting on muscle is easy where in reality in takes A LOT of dedication to lifting and eating correctly. That said, lift the weights.

...and it's lose NOT loose. :wink:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

this is what it looks like when you strength train to lose weight. The picture on the left I weigh between 188 and 199 lbs ( not 100% sure). I wear size 16/18 pants and a 42DD bra. The picture on the right is the EXACT same shirt, and I weigh 194lbs. I wear size 14 pants, and a 38C bra.

10035269906_47277afec6.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

my thighs haven't changed in measurement much, but they are pretty much SOLID, and I can see the beginning of quad definition. My biceps and shoulders have some nice definition. I'm still clinically obese ( I have 45lbs to lose), but my obliques are visable, and if I flex, I can see my top abs coming in.

9603045832_e20cbf450f.jpg
    before plank challenge by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

it was too late to edit when I got home, but here is my picture from today. Yes, I am flexing a bit. The last few weeks my trainer has had me doing 2 different kinds of cable crunches with about 20lbs of weight on the machine.

10857455026_4d003227d4.jpg
    #fitspo #hardworkwins #nevergiveup #notacardiobunny by crochetmom2010, on Flickr