for women

Options
another great reason to run other than weight loss....
I just read in an article from a fitness magazine, an American study found that women who run produce a less potent form of oestrogen than their sedentary counterparts, and as a result, cut by half their risks of developing breast and uterine cancer, and by two-thirds their risk of getting diabetes.

Replies

• EmYoder
    EmYoder Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just read in an article from a fitness magazine, an American study found that women who run produce a less potent form of oestrogen than their sedentary counterparts, and as a result, cut by half their risks of developing breast and uterine cancer, and by two-thirds their risk of getting diabetes.

sooooo how are you motivated to run?! i want to be!!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info Natalie! Will be glad when I make it to the running stage.
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    weight loss reasons initially. set myself mini goals to start, then did some short charity runs.
    Finally now i enjoy and look forward to running and especially having that 'me time'.
  • katattack
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Thanks for the info Natalie! Good to know.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for giving me another good reason to stick with it! Great info!
  • jliz513
    jliz513 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

sooooo how are you motivated to run?! i want to be!!

I think the way you get motivated to run is to keep at it, at some point you will push yourself to a place you never thought you could go and you will find that "runners high" or as some of the MFP runners call it "our happy place". I find it again and again when I reach a new milestone. Never thought I'd want to run but now I look forward to it!!!