Toning/Strength Training - UK

Options
Just wondering if any of my fellow UK members can recommend DVDs for toning and/or strength? I'm doing C25K, but I know I need to incorporate some strenghth too. I'd consider Chalean Extreme, but not sure I can part with £30 at the moment for it, particularly as I'd also have to buy weights or bands too.... Also thinking of 30 Day Shred, but I'm more interested in something that's purely strength....

Anyone try any of the 10 Minute Solution DVDs?

Replies

• LadyGreatrick
    Options
    for toning I'm a avid fan of 10 minute solutions. Their Legs, Bum and Tum one is amazing and after using it steady (3 times a week) for a couple of months my husband was amazed at my pert bottom!

They only cost around 5 pounds if you go to Amazon.co.uk and they have lots of different work out styles to play with. I have most of them and I can't complain about a single one (although the lady in the kick boxing DVD does my head in).

Also 10 minute solutions is perfect for women like me who not only work but also have a house and child to look after. It fits into the day.

God, I sound like an advertisement! I don't work for them but I do get quite passionate when I find something that works!

Best of luck.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of Chalean Extreme at the moment and I would really recommend it for strength training! I did the 30 Day Shred which started me off with the weights etc and moving on the Chalean was a really good progression!

I know it's quite expensive but maybe have a look on Ebay or Pre-loved to see if anyone is selling a 2nd hand one? Dumbells also can often be found at car-boot sales or being sold locally in your classifieds of the local newspaper?

A good toning DVD is Tracy Andersons Mat Workout - this just requires some light weights - or bottles of water! :)

-x-x-
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Thanks ladies. The more I read the more I think I may just invest in Chalean.... Here's a random question - do you need two weights when you do it? I'm pretty sure we have a couple of old hand weights somewhere, but for some reason I think we only have one of the heaviest weight - so most of the movements involve holding a weight in each hand?