Hi, I feel like I'm starting all over again!!

Options
Hey there MFP world, I am Denise and I would like to reintroduce myself and take advantage of the great advice and benefits of this site. I recently fell off the workout and eating healthy wagon, but I am back!! Over the summer I slacked off on my daily activity and ate what I wanted only to find out that the weight comes back like that!! Oh geez.

Anyway, I am starting to get back in a routine of going to the gym and trying to get back in control of my calorie intake. However I have absolutely NO MOTIVATION!! So here I am tracking my calories and reading all of your success stories and advice. Please send all good wishes and motivational stories my way. I need the extra support!!

Replies

• john401
    Options
    Hang in there, you will drop those lbs again.
  • Dvorah17
    Dvorah17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! Hang in there. It's not easy to do but you can DO IT!! Come here often and we'll support you. Best of luck and stay in touch.
  • kai_blaize
    Options
    I'm starting all over again, too! (Didn't gain it all back, but enough to need to make a change.)

Let's be friends!
  • wmedwards12
    wmedwards12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it's a never ending cycle of starting over... I have started over so many times I lost count. But this time is different, I hired a trainer and am working really hard even when i'm not with the trainer and most importantly and paying better attention to what I am eating... I sure hope this was my last time to start over.. There has to be one time that sticks. Hang in there I bet this is your time too.
  • wrobes
    wrobes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am another who has taken a bit of a break and undone some of my hard work. Really focussed on getting back on track and plan to log daily so add me if you want someone else to chat with
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Add me to the list of "feeling like I'm starting all over". Gee it's hard to stay on track. I counted calories faithfully for more than a year and saw excellent results. At one point I was 35 pounds lighter. But I tired of the counting (and the weighing and measurinv portions). So I stopped counting...thought I could handle things nicely myself...you know...like normal people.

Alas, it didn't work. Five pounds back on, then ten, fifteen....arghhh! It's been one week now and I'm back in the saddle. Weighing daily, counting calories, walking every day....and tada ....just like that I've already lost a couple of pounds. Happy.

So my friend, don't despair. It's not like you can't get right back into it again. You can do it.
  • siouxieq62
    siouxieq62 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am also starting all over again. I lost 65 lbs a few years ago and have gained back 40. but I am back on track this week. Hoping MFP will make the difference!!
  • kempnick
    Options
    Good effort starting over again. Remember the first few pounds come off most easily and you'll enjoy the success of getting lower again
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I too fell off the wagon. I decided this week to jump back on for real.
  • kels1152
    Options
    I also am a fellow "fell off the wagon" but it's time to get back at it cause I'm sick of the way I feel right now!
    I will add you and we can help eachother!