Something to keep in mind

Options
Something to keep in mind when trying to lose weight... It takes time to build up a strong metabolism!

For example: a few summers ago, I went on a strict diet/workout routine for about 2-3 months. At the end of August, I saw very little results and got frustrated so I gave up. Then I saw all my friends again during Halloween (2 months later) and they all said I looked great! I was completely confused at how I could look any different because I hadn't been dieting/working out nearly as much. After seeing pictures of me however, I saw that they were right. I had looked a lot slimmer.

At the time I was confused, but now I realize for those 2-3 months I was eating right and working out, my metabolism had gotten very strong and it helped me keep shedding pounds in September and October even when I stopped trying to.

Unfortunately that was a "diet", so I gained some of the weight back through the years. This time I'm changing my lifestyle to a healthy one. It's not a diet, it's just a fit lifestyle.

So keep working to build a strong metabolism!!! The stronger your metabolism, the easier it will be to shed the pounds. Drink lots of water, do some weight training exercises, eat right, and most importantly: DON'T STARVE YOURSELF it will kill your metabolism!

Replies

• mxbucher
    Options
    Did you have the experience of GAINING any weight/fat WHILE doing you healthy lifestyle?

I am just about in tears and I liked your story. I've been at it for a couple weeks and was doing good, even lost a pound, but weighed myself today and the scale told me I'd gained 3lb from the last time (only a few days ago), and that every metric the scale accounted for had gotten worse! %Fat=up, %Muscle=down even though I've been doing some exercise every day. Even my %Bone went down a tiny fraction.

Is this normal or am I better off not dieting and just getting fat on my own slowly and naturally?
  • awedel21
    Options
    Yes I did experience weight gain at first (for the first month or so). You have to remember that weight loss isn't linear... it fluctuates all the time. If you keep at it... eat right, exercise often, and get plenty of sleep... you WILL eventually see results.

My new mindset is just strengthening my metabolism as much as possible. We all know those people who can eat whatever they want and never workout and still don't gain a pound. Those people are blessed with a naturally strong metabolism. Most, however, don't have that luxury. So strengthen that metabolism. Here is a great article from WebMD to get you started on this process:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/increase-your-metabolism-start-losing-fat