weight up following very good day

Options
Not by much (0.3 lbs), but why wouldn't the scale be down after a day with a 4 mile run and eating under 1500 calories (MFP says 1,065 remaining).

Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/cyruscyrus?date=2013-10-10

My guess is:

Not drinking enough water?
Late night eating (11:30PM)
Having beer at all (Even low calorie beer)

Anything you could add?

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    You muscles are holding the water after the workout
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You muscles are holding the water after the workout
    ^This.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can reall say is that this is a long journey so try to stop making it a day by day process unless you really want to learn how your body works. I actually use to weigh myself everyday to get trends on how it reacts to certain ways I eat with water weight and such, by doing this I learned to not really care at all from all of the little ups and downs my weight does through out the week, and I picked one day to be my official weigh in day and time of each week. Now I just weigh myself every couple of weeks to see where I am. For most I would say just weigh once a week under the same conditions everytime, or you will drive yourself crazy.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Wait did I just go back and read that you are suppuse to eat 1500 calories, and have 1056 left over? That seems really really bad. You are not eating enough if that is true.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Your muscle tissue is hanging on to water to be able to better/faster repair itself .
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even consider 0.3lbs a gain. Sorry to be icky, but go to the bathroom, it'll be gone.

Also, eat more.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not by much (0.3 lbs), but why wouldn't the scale be down after a day with a 4 mile run and eating under 1500 calories (MFP says 1,065 remaining).

Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/cyruscyrus?date=2013-10-10

My guess is:

Not drinking enough water?
    Late night eating (11:30PM)
    Having beer at all (Even low calorie beer)

Anything you could add?

Not drinking enough water - No
    Late night eating - No
    Having beer all day - No
    Water retention from exercise - Yes

Seariously I could get rid of 0.3lbs in a good session on the toilet. Can you also calrify on thing what do you mean you have 1065 Calories remaining?
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    .3 lbs is really not a big deal. Our bodies are intricate machines. We go a little up. We go a little down. Don't stress over .3 lbs.
  • cyruscyrus
    Options
    I ate 1,499 calories yesterday and MFP says i could have eaten another 1,065.

"*You've earned 1,064 extra calories from exercise today"