want to do more

Options
Hey guys,
I want to do more excersice as im a bit of a couch potatoe on the pc and tv, the thing is i have one small problem when it comes to excercise and was wondering if it was normal or not, when i go out for a simple walk 2-3 mph sort of walk say to my local tescos which is only about 12 mins by foot by the time ive been there and got back i just cant stop sweating did it this morning and it feels now that my clothes that i am in are drenched like ive spent 20 mins in a sauna and the thing is its not like a small sweat that stops 5 or 10 mins later but will carry on for a good hour plus, i have had my thoriods checked by my doctor but according to them nothing is wrong i was just wondering if anyone else has encounted this and if so what did they do to combat it

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sweating is the body's mechanism of cooling off. It's necessary and I've learned to live with it. And I sweat more than the average person.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    There are lots of sweat wicking clothing out there on the market, which I have found to be helpful. Keeps me cooler while working out.
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    I think the more you up your exercise that the "small stuff" won't make you sweat as much. So keep on walking and walk further and further each time. Take a cool shower when you get home if it's bothering you. And drink drink drink water!
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Keep doing the 12min walks.

When I started walking to the station I was the same, all sweaty at the end and then the tube journey wasn't fantastic :) But after a while the body really gets used to it, I found my legs wanting to move faster, walk further, found new routes from and to the station so now I can walk a bit faster but still take the same time.

Eventually you'll get used to it and things will calm down.

However.

If not and you do seem to be sweating a lot, how does your heart feel? Does it feel like it's beating ready to explode out of your chest? I can't imagine that after a 12min walk it should be, so if that is the case it may be worth going have having a health check and letting your doc know what you're doing.
  • baldric1331
    baldric1331 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys guys but no my heart rate is not up at all from the walk cos i take it easy i have walked all my life love it but i have had the sweat problem now my mom tells me since i was like 9 months old so its not just cos i have started to walk again but its been something thats always been there