Losing 10 lbs in 4 weeks

Options
Hi ya'll. I don't like writing here too often because I feel people are so critical. But I would love to lose 10 pounds in about 4 weeks. This is 2.5 pounds a week .. so nobody freak out on me. lol. I would love peoples advice, please dont tell me its not do-able because I did lose 8 pounds in a month prior. I am just having a hard time with these next 10. :) I aim for 1200 calories a day.. sometimes a bit over and exercise at least 5x a week with elliptical and treadmill. I want encouragement here, im excired to get down to it!!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    That's a deficit of 1250 calories/day. Unless you're exercising at very high level, achieving that would require, basically , not eating at all for 2 of the next 4 weeks. Maybe more.
  • 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. MFP set me at 1200 calories to eat a day. Im wondering why others say this is too little. Should I increase calories and exercise more?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Unless you are obese, it's not healthy to lose that amount of weight that quickly.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's just a different way of looking at the same thing. If you eat at a 50% deficit everyday, that nets to the same as eating normal one day and eating nothing the next day. Some people do better with a constant deficit, every day, others do better with intermittent fasting. Historically, humans evolved as fasters/bingers, so it's not surprising many are more comfortable that way.
  • 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That is really good information.