Day 5 of Les Mills Combat and Healthy Eating!

Options
Well, today is day 5 and I'm taking a rest day. Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day but I looked at the calendar wrong. My legs are in "lock" mode and ready for a break. Each day I've been under my calorie goal and The last 3 days with my workouts, I've burned over 200 per workout (215, 220, 253).. So excited for what Les Mills Pump is going to do for me!! Tomorrow is my weigh and stat day :) Wish me luck!

Anyone want to go on this "journey" with me?

Replies

• WhyDelilah79
    WhyDelilah79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Are you sure on your calorie burns per class? I did 58 minutes of body combat yesterday and burned 518 calories according to my heart rate monitor and I'm pretty new so not working out as hard as others in the class would be.
  • arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    that's what my heart rate monitor said :/ I sure hope i burned more, but I'm just going by what it said :(
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really need a heart rate monitor! I do Les Mills classes too! On the website it says you can burn up to 800 calories for a Body Attack class, but on MFP it estimates I'm burning less than 500 :( I wonder how much I'm actually burning...

Any recommendations on well-priced/good brand HR monitors?
  • arielkaylou
    Options
    I gpt my polar ft7 for 80 and it was $140 at academy sports
  • WhyDelilah79
    Options
    I don't know, that just seems way low compared to my heart rate monitor. I burnt 200 today just on pilates and that isn't a high heart rate thing at all.
    How long are your classes? Maybe that's the difference? Mine tend to be about 55 minutes.
  • WhyDelilah79
    Options
    I really need a heart rate monitor! I do Les Mills classes too! On the website it says you can burn up to 800 calories for a Body Attack class, but on MFP it estimates I'm burning less than 500 :( I wonder how much I'm actually burning...

Any recommendations on well-priced/good brand HR monitors?
    I burnt 500 for my body attack class today according to my heart rate monitor. Mine is a wahoo blue and I love it. :-)
    I find some classes I burn more than others. Often the ones I think I've worked harder in are less lol.
    I have also noticed that the more lessons I take, and the more my body is getting used to the moves etc the less I'm burning. I was nearly dying with push ups to start with, so I suppose it makes sense that my heart would have been panicking more??
  • Jacobedward02
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    Read This Connie’s Transformation Story :

http://www.leanonlife.com/connies-transformation-story-feel-like-im-20s/
  • arielkaylou
    Options
    Well, the longest workout I had when I had posted was 30 minutes, I'm burnring more now with the longer workouts :) the longest is 45 mins. But I'm also doing Body Beast :)

I have the polar ft7 and I love it.
  • arielkaylou
    Options
    But while you're burning less with your workouts, you are burning more the during the day. As you build muscles with the workouts, it boosts your metabolism throughout the day
  • WhyDelilah79
    Options
    Well, the longest workout I had when I had posted was 30 minutes, I'm burnring more now with the longer workouts :) the longest is 45 mins. But I'm also doing Body Beast :)

I have the polar ft7 and I love it.
    Cool, the time difference is it then. I didn't realise they did the combat in a shorter class. :-)
  • arielkaylou
    Options
    Oh it's a home workout, not a class. And that's another reason why I love it! I don't want everyone else watching me!