Legal help/ Lawyers

Options
I have to move forward in my small claims case. I was granted judgment in my favor by default because the people didn't show up on time.

I waited 45 days after the judgment then sent them a certified letter asking them to pay the judgment. I said if we didn't receive payment or contact by them to arrange payment by today that I would move forward with garnishment procedures.

There are a handful of forms I'm not sure which to use. Do I use them all in a certain order?

I'm pretty sure I need the one that is a Citation to Discover Assets.
Plus I don't know why there is a copy on 2 of the forms.

Form # - Title - Form Date
2209 Citation of Assets - Notice - 11/06
2314 Wage Deduction Summons -04/06
2314 C Wage Deduction Summons - Copy - 04/06
2336 Certificate of Attorney in Citation Proceedings - 04/06
3106 Non Wage Garnishment Summons - 03/06
3106 C Non Wage Garnishment Summons - Copy - 3/06

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i am not sure where you are but in ohio i had a friend go through small claims court and the person paid the courthouse and they paid her the money. Hope you find the info you need
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly this is Dupage county? Here is the only help I can offer you.

http://www.dcba.org/public/claims.htm
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    You can call the courthouse and they'll be able to tell you for sure. They can't give legal advice but they'll more than willingly tell you the proper forms to use :)
  • GingerSnark
    Options
    Actually they couldnt tell me what forms to use, that was considered legal advice. I dont see how but they were useless there. I just hope we picked the right form :(