What are quick-added calories?

2»

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    I use it for the odd mini chocolate bar so my friends don't see it and say, ooh I want one of those and end up eating a whole box full. public service really ;)
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Didn't even know this existed! Thanks!
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    I use quick-added calories for when I honestly have no idea and it's my best guess. After nearly a year of logging those guesses have become more accurate. There are still times where I eat out or at a friends/family house where I just want to enjoy and not worry too much, I can't turn off my internal calorie counter, nor do I wish not to log my food as accurately as I can, so quick calories it is.

As I become better at logging, they are used less often.
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Something you should not use regularly
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    I use quick add if I am out and i eat something (That I know calorie amount of), but no internet access to look up name on MFP
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    I use quick added cals to plan my day, later replacing them with what I actually ate- That way I know jsut how much I am allowed to snack and also keep enough cals for a good dinner :)
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    WAG. wild *kitten* guess

Haha totes a wag!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I use them when:

A) I know the calorie info (from a package) and I'm just to lazy to look it up. (Been doing this more often lately since my phone had to be sent in for repairs)

or

B) Don't actually know the calorie count, usually for a local restaurant, and I add like 1000+ calories (because I honestly just don't know)

Oh and my husband does it, when I put something into recipe builder on my account and I'll tell him how many calories where in his serving.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    I use them if I just tried a new recipe and it's not on the database.
This discussion has been closed.