SAHMs 8/9 - 8/15

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Real quick...I am leaving to help with the school's XC camp this week, so I won't be able to post until Thurs. my 3 mile run on sat went great and I ran 5 yesterday...I was pooped from lack of sleep but that went ok too. Lifting the calves is the way to go with getting rid of achilles issues! I hope everyone has a great week! Stay wonderful my SAHM friends!
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Stacey- Have you tried a tbsp of dark chocolate chips? Dark chocolate is good for you (in moderation of course) AND it will help fight that craving for something sweet and chocolatey. They are only 70 calories. I'm also a fan of Rita's Italian Ice when I get a sweet craving. I also use sugar free pudding- 80 calories for a half cup with 1% milk, even lower if you use skim!

I went for a hardcore walk the other day, and my shins are killing me! I need new sneakers, badly!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    thanks. i'm not a dark chocolate fan. milk or white for me.
    today's accomplishment--i did NOT eat the pizza or make cookies or a treat.
    wahoo!

nicole--have a good time this week!

AND TODAY WAS OUR FIRST DAY OF HOMESCHOOL!
    (even tho dd2 just finished K on Thur, she was so eager to get started with homeschool and learning time, etc. so that's what we did!)

wish me luck on this continued journey. do i even know what i'm in for?!:ohwell:
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I am sooo excited about finding this thread!! My name is Jenny and I am a SAHM with 3 babies aged almost 5 ( on Aug 30), 3 and 3 weeks. It is great to see such wonderful ladies who all have our families and our health goals in common. I would love to join in the group and be a part of what looks like a really neat group. As for my goals - well, I have already gone back to my prebaby weight, but that number is a whopping 233 lbs. Ug. I want to lose it for myself, my husband and my kids. And any and all help will be greatly needed and appreciated! I hope everyone has a great Tuesday, please feel free to add me as a friend if you want and we will go on this journey together!!!
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Stacey- I'm not a dark chocolate fan either (my mother LOVES it), but I'll eat what I have to in order to calm the craving and save me some calories.

jtodacheeny- Welcome to the group!
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    hey girls! my week is going pretty well, been pretty consistently losing... slow, but steady! seeing the weight come off is the best motivation :)

I've found some great recipes for desserts on cookinglight.com. I either do something like that or a sugar free/low carb Popsicle. That usually satisfies the craving!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Stacey~I am not a dark chocolate fan either but like Tand says I eat it to help the craving and save some calories. The Dove that I get isn't too bad either. If you are going to do it I suggest trying a few different brands because they do taste different.

Welcome jtodacheeny!

Well as for me the last few days has been a NIGHTMARE! I have been having cravings like NONSTOP! Thank you TOM! Usually I do pretty good at with standing them but for some reason I am caving in. :tongue: The hubby was telling the kids that since I ate most of the bag of M&M's that he bought that they needed to make sure I stayed out of the other sweets that are in the house. (he was only joking around with me) Normally I am not a big candy fan (gives me a stomach ache to eat it). This time however the cravings came and I just didn't stop myself. Well I guess it is a good thing that I had the Dove around other wise I would have eaten the whole bag of M&M's! Good thing I only have a few more days. Hope you all have a good week.
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Sara- YAY for losing slow and steady. That's the way to kick the weight, it'll stay off!

Ugh, I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday. It was total carb overload! Maybe because the food in the house is starting to disappear, so my options aren't all that great. Can't wait til Sunday when I can go ot the grocery store and stock up! I stayed within my calorie range (by VERY few calories), but my carbs were over by like 50!
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Anyone still out there?

I haven't exercised all week, but I've stayed within my calorie range so far. Not much else is going on around here, same old stuff different day. I can't wait til it's cooler out and I can go for walks without dying in 90 degree weather plus humidity.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Tand~Even though you went over you didn't go over by too much it could have been far worse! :smile:

Well I did some strength training last night felt good. The plan for today is to ride the bike to the local high school and then run up and down the bleachers. Trying to mix up the exercise a bit so that the body doesn't get too used to it. I might be dead tired tomorrow from what I remember of doing this in high school energy zapping.:ohwell: If there is no pain there is no loss?! Well I have been doing slightly better on not eating a TON of sweets. Well bettter be off got to get my chores done for the day so that I can read to the kids. The oldest two have been having me read Harry Potter series to them and we are at the end of book four and I am sure they are itching to get it finished. They were not very happy when I told them last night that we were going to stop for the night and they had to go to bed.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    thanks girls! thanks for all the good suggestions!

welcome to new ladies! this is a great group--tho very quiet this week.
    katie, hope you enjoyed your workout. :)

i'd like to make time for me to exercise tomorrow. that is my 1 goal.
    doing fine with water.

later--
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like it slow... I can keep up :p

Today was weigh in day, I've lost 3 lbs since last week! woohoo! I still have 12 lbs to lose to get to my goal. If I can make it to that I might readjust my goal. It's really exciting to see it come off.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Me, my husband and our girls are going out to eat tonight. I've done a lot of research and planned out my meal, it's gonna be good! (we're going to Longhorn)
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    KatieM7- Thanks. I just hate overloading on carbs since they are a weakness for me and I don't want to get in that habit. Yikes- running up and down bleachers sounds like it would be one heck of a work-out. I'd probably fall down them while I'm at it.

Sara- Way to go on the loss! We were supposed ot go to Texas Roadhouse last night, but an hour and ten minute wait, with 5 hungry, tired, and cranky kids (only 2 were mine, we were with my husbands cousins and her kids) changed those plans quickly. We ended up at TGI Friday's.

A rainy yucky day here in PA, but it's welcomed. We needed the rain and it just means we can relax all day. I do need to go to the grocery store though. We have almost nothing in this house.
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Well the bleachers were a kick butt workout! I was so dang tired that night but it felt great to push myself. I ended up running up and down the bleachers 5 times and then another set of stairs there at the high school 8 times plus walked around the track 3 times and rode the bike 3.5 miles. It is definetly a workout that I want to do again. It was the pushing that I need right now.

Tandksmommy10~I know how it is for carb overload. I am a bread lover especially homemade. That adds up fast when you eat it a lot. I have found though that one day once in awhile is not going to hurt you. You occasionally need to treat yourself to things that you love. I try to look at it like this any thing that is less than 100 over I am fine anything over I need to do something different.:smile:

Well I am off the hubby and I are going to steal a few minutes and go for a walk together!:smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you love bread, check out Sara Lee's 45 cal bread. Two slices is only 90 cals. I like the taste and the texture. Does the bread fix job for me :)
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi all,
    i think i am loosing it, i was sure that i had commented on this group yesterday, but reading through i had not, well thats what kids do to your brain, so i will start again i am a sahm of three wounderful boys, Lucas is 6, Xander is 2 and Alfie is 3 mths, old. this group sounds great exactley what i needed some adult conversation, hubby working nights at mo so feel as though i have not seen him for two weeks!