• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Tagging in as this thread is awesome :drinker:

I'm 5'2 and losing on 1600 cals min a day :bigsmile:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Ok, help me out here....I'm 5'3", 149#. My sedentary TDEE is just under 1700, lightly active is 1800. So if I ate 1700 calories I would maintain. I've been eating 1400, eating all my exercise calories back, & exercising 6 days a week. It's taken me 2 months to lose 5 pounds. What is the difference between you & me?

Plugging your age/height/weight into scooby with lightly active (1-3 hour of moderate exercise a week) I get a tdee of 1931. A 10% cut, which is about .5 pounds a week, would put you at 1730. This is similar to your rate of loss now which implies that A. You've been overestimating burns or B. Underestimating food intake. Or you're very very outside the norm. Which is possible.

I would suggest opening your diary and starting your own thread to get advice tailored to you. Be sure to divulge any medical conditions or things that could relate to your weight loss.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    In...

...for sensible plans, realistic expectations, and awesome results.

All of this. And doing it with the intent of kicking butt forever.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Around 2200cals a day with a 2900cal refeed once a week and in a cut at the moment
    ETA:5 8"-5 9", I am not tall.

VTQwwgZ.jpg

zQpUzKn.jpg

Dang!

Great thread OP, one of the best I've seen on MFP since I joined!
  • Tigerbell1221
    Options
    Fantastic! I agree completely. I consume close to 2000 a day by the time I eat back my exercise calories of 444 per day of walking and I lost a whole pound yesterday. It's really started to come off since I upped my calories. Your body will do what it is designed to to if you just treat it right! You look awesome girl!!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Height: 5'3" tall
    Starting weight: 221
    Weight lost by eating 1200 calories: 33 lbs
    Weight gained back when started eating normal again: 20 lbs
    Starting weight AGAIN: 208
    Current weight 153
    Caloric intake: no less than 1700, up to 2300-2500/day
    Maintaining and still losing now for over a year!

ETA: and I have hypothyroidism, you know, that medical condition that keeps you from losing weight. And yet here I am...

g6o4.jpg

Just wanted to quote this cause awesome.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

I'm 5'9 and at my heaviest I was around 205-210ish, I think I'm a little under 200 in this pic though.

Before.jpg

As of this morning I weigh 158. My first goal is 145, then possibly a little lower. When I first started losing I wanted to get down to 130, but I don't have almost 30 pounds of fat left to lose lol. Anyway, the least amount I've eaten has been in the 1300-1400 range (not eating back exercise calories), but most of the time I eat between 1500-1700. My calories right now are set to 1600 and I'm not eating exercise calories back. I'm going to slowly increase that to 1800 starting next week. My current exercise routine consists of 3 days of full body weight lifting (moderately heavy 3x12), kickboxing bootcamp for 90 minutes 3 times a week (by far my favorite workout I've ever done! I've lost almost an inch from each thigh in less than 4 weeks and have signed up for the next session already.), and jogging 1-3 miles a couple times a week.

IMG_20131012_114814566_zpsedb5b64b.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted pics, so hopefully this works :) Ugh...sorry the pics are massive.
  • wowgirl30
    wowgirl30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started here almost 2 weeks ago (made an account ages ago but never used it until now). I actually made a post that I couldn't believe how many calories it gave me and if I should really eat as much as it said. I am a chronic dieter - 1200 or less every time and painstakingly losing less than half a pound a week until I burn out from frustration (half a pound a week for someone who is over 300 pounds eating that little plus exercise is discouraging). I am a big girl and have PCOS and I am shocked that eating 1900 plus I would gain gain gain. Well I'm not. I'm losing. Never would have upped my calories if not for posts like this - so thanks!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I love love love this thread! Congrats OP and everyone else on your success!

I started Sept 29th last year at 234lbs and as of today I'm 142 (down 92lbs). At the very beginning I was eating 1550 based on what MFP set for me and after a couple of months upped it to 1750. I now eat 2200-ish calories a day plus whatever I burn from running and I'm still losing about 3-4lbs per month. Sometimes I eat very healthy, sometimes I eat pure crap. I've cut nothing out. In the past year I've gone to Vegas, enjoyed the holiday season, my birthday, everyone else's birthday, dinners out. I ate what I wanted, stopped when I was full, logged everything and moved on.

Having lost weight many, many times in the past by undereating, this is the very first time I've done it by eating so much AND I have not plateaued once (unlike every other previous attempt at weight loss).

It actually boggles my mind that I'll be increasing my calories even more soon to maintain!
  • jmslewis
    jmslewis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! Do you have your routine posted somewhere, or could you tell me how you got started? You have inspired me to give lifting a try!

Michelle
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ok, help me out here....I'm 5'3", 149#. My sedentary TDEE is just under 1700, lightly active is 1800. So if I ate 1700 calories I would maintain. I've been eating 1400, eating all my exercise calories back, & exercising 6 days a week. It's taken me 2 months to lose 5 pounds. What is the difference between you & me?

Not to derail this thread but it seems this person is perfectly on track to me.

We should use her sedentary number because she eats back her exercise cals. So (by whatever method she came up with 1700 for sedentary tdee) by netting 1400 she has a daily deficit of 300 cals. 300 cals a day for 60 days, {carry the five, throw out the 1, take the root of the day of the week} is....an 18000 calorie deficit. 18000 cals represents 5.14lbs of fat. So it seems to me she's pretty close in having a sedentary TDEE of 1700 and tracking both her exercise cals and her eating.

{shrugs} Makes sense to me...and, hey! that math stuff is useful from time to time! cool!

Now, I didn't really answer this person's question, I didn't go back and look up the person she is referring to and try and figure out the difference, but there it is, this person has lost EXACTLY what she should have with a nice, safe, modest, sustainable deficit, and no doubt increased her fitness at the same time. There's nothing to complain about, here. Well done, keep it up. It's a marathon, NOT a race.:flowerforyou:
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    wow how long is it taking you to get results
    im currently eatting about 1600 calories and I have 12 weeks left untill my first goal date?
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    Height: 5'3" tall
    Starting weight: 221
    Weight lost by eating 1200 calories: 33 lbs
    Weight gained back when started eating normal again: 20 lbs
    Starting weight AGAIN: 208
    Current weight 153
    Caloric intake: no less than 1700, up to 2300-2500/day
    Maintaining and still losing now for over a year!

ETA: and I have hypothyroidism, you know, that medical condition that keeps you from losing weight. And yet here I am...

g6o4.jpg

SIMPLY AMAZING!! ARE YOU TAKING ANYTHING FOR YOUR HYPOTHYRIODISM?
  • Achrya
    Options
    wow how long is it taking you to get results
    im currently eatting about 1600 calories and I have 12 weeks left untill my first goal date?

I lost twenty pounds in 145 days, which is about a pound a week. Then I took a mental health break where I ate around 2100-2200 and maintained for 3 weeks (Mental health break=Got tired of eating less so I ate more) and now I've been back at my deficit for about four days.
    Holy smokes! Do you have your routine posted somewhere, or could you tell me how you got started? You have inspired me to give lifting a try!

I do Stronglifts 5x5 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and minimal cardio (Maybe an hour or two a week. Usually an hour). I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women, but I found that for myself on a personal level it got a little too complex for me after stage 1.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. 1600 is a perfect calorie goal for a 5'11 woman, losing weight!! Great job.

I eat 1600 to 1900 depending on my day.

I am 5'11 and am 42 years old.

Before
    47819967_2825.jpg
    47819967_2220.jpg

after....or i guess you could say during
    47819967_3434.jpg
    47819967_9018.jpg
    47819967_9445.jpg

Oh, and in the top pics I was around 235 and 222
    and in the bottom pics I am between 185 and 187

I dont know my body fat...i dont really care...just intend to keep kicking *kitten*.

I always feel like it gets much warmer in the room when you come through. What's that about?

/fans self
  • Hezzietiger1
    Options
    Great job everyone!

I'm 5'9 and at my heaviest I was around 205-210ish, I think I'm a little under 200 in this pic though.

Before.jpg

As of this morning I weigh 158. My first goal is 145, then possibly a little lower. When I first started losing I wanted to get down to 130, but I don't have almost 30 pounds of fat left to lose lol. Anyway, the least amount I've eaten has been in the 1300-1400 range (not eating back exercise calories), but most of the time I eat between 1500-1700. My calories right now are set to 1600 and I'm not eating exercise calories back. I'm going to slowly increase that to 1800 starting next week. My current exercise routine consists of 3 days of full body weight lifting (moderately heavy 3x12), kickboxing bootcamp for 90 minutes 3 times a week (by far my favorite workout I've ever done! I've lost almost an inch from each thigh in less than 4 weeks and have signed up for the next session already.), and jogging 1-3 miles a couple times a week.

IMG_20131012_114814566_zpsedb5b64b.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted pics, so hopefully this works :) Ugh...sorry the pics are massive.

Awesome results.. 1600 calories is perfect for a woman who is 5'9 trying to lose weight!! Awesome.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Current body fat: 27.6% (taken with Accu-Measure calipers)
    I don't know my starting bf, but my starting weight was 201.
    Current weight: 156
    Goal weight: 150
    When I started, my calorie goal was to net 1,650. Since then, MFP has reset it twice. It's currently at 1,430.
    Since the beginning I've aimed to lose only a half-pound per week. Even with my current slowdown this close to goal, my average is still .78 lb/week.
    I rely on fresh produce, whole grains, and lean proteins (with the occasional exceptions of cheddar and peanuts, consumed separately).
    This is the lowest my weight has been in over a decade. :-)
    I don't have a true "before" picture, but here's a series of "during" shots:
    9721587665_43eeb35734_o.jpg

Hey congrats!! 1430 is a fantastic goal for a woman 5'5 losing weight!! Nice.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 to 1900 depending on my day.

I am 5'11 and am 42 years old.

Before
    47819967_2825.jpg
    47819967_2220.jpg

after....or i guess you could say during
    47819967_3434.jpg
    47819967_9018.jpg
    47819967_9445.jpg

Oh, and in the top pics I was around 235 and 222
    and in the bottom pics I am between 185 and 187

I dont know my body fat...i dont really care...just intend to keep kicking *kitten*.

I love you.:love:

Will you marry me?
  • Achrya
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Current body fat: 27.6% (taken with Accu-Measure calipers)
    I don't know my starting bf, but my starting weight was 201.
    Current weight: 156
    Goal weight: 150
    When I started, my calorie goal was to net 1,650. Since then, MFP has reset it twice. It's currently at 1,430.
    Since the beginning I've aimed to lose only a half-pound per week. Even with my current slowdown this close to goal, my average is still .78 lb/week.
    I rely on fresh produce, whole grains, and lean proteins (with the occasional exceptions of cheddar and peanuts, consumed separately).
    This is the lowest my weight has been in over a decade. :-)
    I don't have a true "before" picture, but here's a series of "during" shots:
    9721587665_43eeb35734_o.jpg

Hey congrats!! 1430 is a fantastic goal for a woman 5'5 losing weight!! Nice.

Note: She *nets* 1430, which means she probably eats more than 1430. This is not the same as you eating 1150 and netting 600.

But I do appreciate you coming by and picking out women who are at what you deem appropriate levels to pat on the back (disregarding that in reality they net 2 to 3 times as much as you.)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. 1600 is a perfect calorie goal for a 5'11 woman, losing weight!! Great job.
    A) would you PLEASE learn to quote right?oh, nevermind...i see with the others that you understand how to do it.

B) I eat 1600 when I do NOTHING and 1900 when I lift and burn about 300 calories...therefore i always NET 1600.