PF Changs for dinner????

Options
I have a bit of a quandry today.. I am meeting friends for a birthday dinner at PF Changs and a movie tonight. I will not have time to fit in any exercise before, and not sure if I will be able to get any after either. I printed the PF Changs menu with nutritional info, but I know I am going to blow my calorie budget. I have been working so hard and don't want the sodium or extra calories, is there any hope? Does anyone have any suggestions of how to be prepared so I do well?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    get the lettuce wraps---they're an appetizer. but you'll have plenty for a meal. and don't use any sauce!

Good luck!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I went there a couple weeks ago with some friends, and I ordered 2 veggie spring rolls and some lettuce wraps. The lettuce wraps are plenty to share so you won't eat it all! :)
  • LadyNay191
    Options
    Lettuce wrap are AMAZING! Definitely a delicious, very filling, meal on their own!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I had the lettuce wraps the last time I was there and they were excellent. Even though they are only an appetizer, they were pretty filling.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'd go with appetizers for dinner! Dynamite shrimp, veggie lettuce wraps or spring rolls and a bowl of brown rice. Portions are smaller and there is less sodium and calories. Enjoy! We gotta learn how to order from these menus if we still want to see our friends! Remember that a lot of skinny people eat out too.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Definitely the lettuce wraps! They taste amazing and they are filling as well. You can also eat a snack before you go so you won't be so hungry when you get there. Also, as for the sodium, just be sure and drink plenty of water to help and offset it.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Only eat half of your entry or even 1/3 of it and take the rest home. Then you get 2-3 meals for the price of one. :happy:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend loves Thai food so we have it every couple weeks. I usually get the grilled salmon and ask for the sauce on the side or no sauce at all. It comes with vegies (request steamed) and rice. I usually eat all the vegies, about half a cup of the rice and half the chunk of salmon. The rest of the salmon I bring home and put on a green salad the next day. I have noticed that when I have the white rice I stall on the weight loss for a couple days. You can also request that your food be prepared MSG free since that (and the soy sauce) is the major sodium contributor. If the meal comes with soup ask if you can have a salad instead.

Enjoy!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm PF Changs....mongolian beef. Sorry, went into my fantasy land for a sec. :)

I usually get the salmon with brown rice and veggies (not many veggies to it tho). The sodium is pretty low and there's only two servings to have to divy up instead of three like in most of the dishes.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had this article saved! http://www.drgourmet.com/reviews/pfchangs.shtml
    it points out that you can order "stock velveted" to save on calories, or ask for low or no oil.
    here's the nutritional information:
    http://www.drgourmet.com/health/restaurants/pdf/pfchangsnutrition.pdf