Can I really drop a dress size?

Options
Hi everybody,

I don't weigh myself too often as we do not have any bathroom scale. But I've notice that am using different holes in belts then before. And I will need new holes soon so I probably loosing some weigh. But what I cannot imagine is that I would drop dress size from 14/16 to lets say 14 or even 12/14. I have this size since I remember but would be nice to get smaller clothes...

How long did it take you to drop down?

Replies

• mariehbil
    mariehbil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I dropped a size after losing about 15 pounds. Good luck!
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was a size 38/40 at my smallest just right above normal weights limit. I don't recommend going lower than that. The next phase is size large. (I was at medium/small/large but never higher)
    I have a small bust though.
  • Pidgeywendy
    Pidgeywendy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in February last year, and dropped from a size UK 34 to a UK 16 in 12 months. I hit a blip over this summer and put some weight back on (broken bones, so no exercising as such) and am currently in a UK 18. Expect to be in the 16's by the end of next month, a 14/16 by Christmas and a UK 12 by Easter at the latest.

I've done this with clean eating, and working out four times a week for an hour :-)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It's been about 20 pounds per size for me. I think that's probably going to depend on your body type, though.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how tall you are. For me it's 15-20 pounds. I know I'm 5'9".
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've gone from size 26 down to size 22 in two months.

ETA: I am 5'2"
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I dropped a size after about 15- 20 pounds. I'm 5' 3.5".
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    A size is 10-15 pounds for me. I'm only 4'11 though.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I usually drop a dress size every 10-15 lbs, but it varies a bit. Going from 16 to 14 was only a 10 lb difference, but last time I went from a 14 to a 12 was 15 lbs difference.

Just take it one day at a time, and don't worry too much, and you'll be fine!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I dropped 5 jean sizes after 45lbs lost...just keep at it and you will be amazed at how fast you start needing smaller clothes
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's been so long, I honestly don't remember how long it took in the beginning. Now that I basically at my goal, I notice quickly when my clothes feel too loose. I used to love it, but now I hate it! I like my new clothes! I think I am going to have some of them tailored instead of buying new at this point!

Edited to add that I went from a size 16 to a 4-6 after losing a total of 56 pounds
  • chris1tristan2
    Options
    In five months I went from a size 18/20 to size 8. This program really works. Stick with it. Encouragement from friends, family, and coworkers helps too. My success has got many of my coworkers on the program too. They also are having success. Wait til you go buy new cloths. It feels great. Don't buy to soon though. I bought some cloths size 12 & 10 and they are now to big. Wait til close to your goal to get new cloths.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For most people I think it's the 10-20lb range. For me it's around 15 lbs.
  • wannab3skinny
    Options
    Great job hun! You can absolutely drop a dress size, I can testify to that as I was a US size 12 for ages and am now a size 4 to 6 depending on the brand. Seriously, way to go!