Lifting heavy and trying to conceive

Options
2»

Replies

• Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I guess that went right over my head, lol. But it is a myth that some believe.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Fit people conceive without effort, lol. I agree if you're already lifting heavy, then get preggers, you can continue. I've done it.

I I'm sorry, but this is absolutely not true. Yes, if you are obese, your egg quality diminishes so it is harder to get pregnant. But I work at a fertility center and there are many fit women who have problems trying to conceive. Fertility has many sides.

My definition of fit includes a normal period and some body fat :flowerforyou:

Eta: I wasn't joking, but making a generalization. There's always exceptions :grumble: I'm a fertile female, but have always been 'fit' and been lifting a long time. Most people that get fit conceive easier than when not, don't they?

I lol'd because just like brides wanting to get fit just for the big day seems like preg chicks wanna do it just to bounce back quick. **** don't work like that. Apologies if it seemed insensitive, but not laughing at infertility.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    BTW...lifting a heavy thing is precisely HOW I conceived. :wink:

WHY ARE YOU TELLING OUR SECRETS?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Fit people conceive without effort, lol. I agree if you're already lifting heavy, then get preggers, you can continue. I've done it.

I I'm sorry, but this is absolutely not true. Yes, if you are obese, your egg quality diminishes so it is harder to get pregnant. But I work at a fertility center and there are many fit women who have problems trying to conceive. Fertility has many sides.

........... Ummmm............ If........ Ummmmmmmm.... If you work in a fertility center why are you asking for fertility advice from a bunch of Internet randoms?
  • Care76
    Options

........... Ummmm............ If........ Ummmmmmmm.... If you work in a fertility center why are you asking for fertility advice from a bunch of Internet randoms?

The doctor I work with thinks it's fine, but he is not my doctor so I still need to ask my doctor. Basically I am asking because you can be told things are OK to do and still worry about it. I worry about it, I try not to but the worry creeps in. If there are other women out there that understand where I am coming from and tell me they did our didn't I just feel it might make me relax more. Maybe it doesn't make sense to anybody but myself.

Maybe TMI, but... It's like, you know it is fine to have sex when pregnant (actually we weren't given the go ahead for months :( ), but for those that suffer with infertility they are usually totally scared. It might be irrational, but sometimes taking to others helps. :-)
  • Care76
    Options

My definition of fit includes a normal period and some body fat :flowerforyou:

Eta: I wasn't joking, but making a generalization. There's always exceptions :grumble: I'm a fertile female, but have always been 'fit' and been lifting a long time. Most people that get fit conceive easier than when not, don't they?

I lol'd because just like brides wanting to get fit just for the big day seems like preg chicks wanna do it just to bounce back quick. **** don't work like that. Apologies if it seemed insensitive, but not laughing at infertility.

I understand. Unfortunately, there is a very high rate of unexplained infertility. Normal cycles, all tests look good, very healthy couples. I always was regular and when we started TTC I was 23 and healthy weight. I wasn't thin and I wasn't overweight at all. I was going to the gym then, but mostly doing cardio and machines.

Anyway, yes, to be healthier does help with fertility. I am not at a good weight now (or percentage of BF) so I want to get into shape. I would love to make my body stronger. Yes, the ultimate goal is to be healthier for pregnancy, but even if we didn't conceive I still want to be stronger than I am now. :-)