Dr Oz flaxseed muffin. Not bad

Options
Ok I just made and ate the flaxseed muffin that was featured on dr oz and its not horrible. I think I could eat it as my pre gym snack. I'm doing a low carb diet so it's hard to find pre gym snacks.

3 tablespoons of ground flax
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 egg

Then microwave in a mug for 65 seconds. No spray is needed on the mug it just slips out.

Above is the base reicpe but people add stevia, blueberries, etc. this morning I tried unsweetened cranberries and it was decent. Not yummy in any way but it was eatable.

Enjoy!

Replies

• soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    and its not horrible.

Not yummy in any way but it was eatable.

Hmmmm... This does not make me want to try this... haha.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Just add flour and sugar and you might have something better than barely edible. ;)
    I prefer to log the carbs and enjoy.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    and its not horrible.

Not yummy in any way but it was eatable.

Hmmmm... This does not make me want to try this... haha.
    :laugh:
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Add some sweetener, maybe some cinnamon, nutmeg, etc and it'll taste better. Mine tasted like a bran muffin. I threw in a few chocolate chips too.
  • Debonabeach
    Options
    I made it but also added 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tbl canned pumpkin, 1 tbl chopped pecans and 2 packets trivia no cal sweetener. It was the bomb!
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That's too much baking powder for any mug sized recipe. Pretty sure it made the taste even worse. It's a complete insult to culinary arts but of course I don't expect less from Dr. Oz.

That said, you can instead add flaxseed to your cereal or salads or smoothies etc.