Help with daily calories - x-post from 'food and nutrition'

Options
Hey guys, I think I got this, but I just wanted to double check that I am doing everything right! Don't want to screw this up!

I calculated my TDEE using Scooby's Workshop. The results:
BMR: 1389
TDEE: 1910
Daily calories: 1432 (based on my TDEE - 25%)

So basically, will I lose weight if I eat 1432 calories per day and 'eat back' any exercise calories ??
Or should I not eat back the exercise calories? Or is it a matter of preference?

Thank you so much in advance!

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    How did you calculated TDEE? Any exercise you accounted for in the calculation should not be eaten back. Any exercise above and beyond what was considered should be. By the way, 25% seems awfully agressive. 20% is the number I usually see used for initial weight loss, and then only if you have a fairly significant amount to lose. With only 7 kg or so to lose, based on your ticker, you will have more success with -10%. The closer you get to goal weight, the harder it is. You won't be able to keep losing at a rapid pace. I have about the same amount to lose, and I am set at only losing 0.2 kg per week (approximately TDEE -10%). Don't be in a hurry.
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help.

I calculated it by saying I have a light-moderate activity level (1-3 hours a week of light exercise). I am probably more active than that but I didn't want to overestimate it.

I recalculated for -10% and came up with 1719 based on 1-3 hours of exercise.

So - just to make this clear - I should try to eat 1719 every day and if I do exercise I should not 'eat back' those calories? But if I do extra exercise (outside the 1-3 hours) then it would be ok to eat those calories back?

Thanks!