Gaining on 1000+?

Will I gain weight if I eat over 1000 calories? I've been eating under 1000 for a few months and I'd like to increase my cals as I know it isn't healthy to eat so little, I'm just afraid of gaining I. The process! Help please

Replies

• You might. But really whether you gain or not is irrelevant. You should be more concerned about what damage is occurring from starving yourself.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    I used to under eat by quite a bit, and when I increased my calories I did see a small gain (about 2 pounds). After two or three weeks it was gone, and I was back to losing weight. Don't be afraid to eat a healthy amount of calories because you might see a small gain! It's no big deal.
  • Florameg456
    Florameg456 Posts: 71 Member
    What are you full stats?

Google, reverse diet.

Not sure if you mean my height and weight or not, I'm 5'7 and 140 pounds
  • Florameg456
    Florameg456 Posts: 71 Member
    I used to under eat by quite a bit, and when I increased my calories I did see a small gain (about 2 pounds). After two or three weeks it was gone, and I was back to losing weight. Don't be afraid to eat a healthy amount of calories because you might see a small gain! It's no big deal.

Thank you! It's worth the gain, just as long as I'm healthy
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Most people will gain a few pounds of water weight when they transition to maintenence or eat more than their cut while their body replenishes it's glycogen stores. This is normal but it scares a lot of dieters into eating too little.

If you gain fat eating 1000 calories then I think you have more to worry about than the number on the scale.