Meeting new goals and new friends

Options
Hi everyone. I seen this website on the Today show and seemed easy enough. I need a motivational tool to get started and I think I found one..THIS! I made a goal in January to lose 60 pounds by December 31st which didn't work due to recent medical conditions. I am hoping to return to work within the next few weeks after being out since February 9th. Work was my physical workout each day. I would like to meet new friends that have the same goals as I. Will be tracking progess each week. Wishing everyone luck.:happy:

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, this is such a great site :wink:
  • dambrosid
    Options
    Hello everyone I also saw this on the Today show and would like to be a success like her. I am 48 and NEED to lose the weight now. I was a member of weight watchers in the past It was working but the cost of the meetings and the ww food was to much to handle. I hope I walked away with alot in info to help to continue losing. The only thing i do miss is the conversations at the meetings. It was nice to get tips and receips from other members . I hope this site will fill that void good luck to everyone Hope to get to know you all thanks
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, both of you (pcacsc adn dambrosid). I know this site and the friends you make on here will be a great help for you.
  • Angiepackmom4
    Options
    Hi. Welcome. I am a new member too and it has been such a great tool to keep up with calories and to know that so many others are going through the same journey. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • steph_armstrong
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site. Good luck on your journey
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I joined almost a year ago (my anniversary is in two weeks), and it's been a HUGE help!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome to you all! You have found a great place.
  • ksheehan13
    Options
    Hi everyone! I as well saw this website on the Today show! I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have done different diets and none seem to work out for me. I had my first baby in January and want to be able to enjoy my time with her. Right now I am afraid I won't be able play with her the way I want to because it is a physical challenge with all this extra weight. This is also important to me for her futher. I want to be able to teach her a healthy lifestyle so that she doesn't have to struggle with weight her entire life like I have. Well I hope this works out! :smile: Will keep everyone updated!

KSheehan