Weekend Tips

Options
what's your number one tip to stay on plan during the weekend?

I find that it's harder to stay focused when my days are not as structured as they are during the week.

Replies

• starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post something similar! I do so well during the week, but when the weekend comes, I blow it. I would love to hear tips as well.
  • anatolian9
    anatolian9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    controlling my environment and not let it control me.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Just the tip? Only on the weekend?
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Tip #1: Eat only at mealtimes, and only when you're hungry; log everything.

Tip #2: Do something that distracts you from thinking about food--sports, a hobby, housework, etc.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Keep busy as much as possible, particularly in the evenings.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    what's your number one tip to stay on plan during the weekend?

I find that it's harder to stay focused when my days are not as structured as they are during the week.

Stay occupied with mostly non-food related activities.
    Plan what you eat , including " treats ".
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    Do big workouts. I do longer sessions when I have more time on the weekends, so that I can fit in restaurant meals and wine.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    All 7 days are the same in my mind. By that I mean I don't view the 2 weekend days any differently therefore don't allow myself anything more or less. If I want something ill eat it regardless of the day.

Hope this helps?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I try to keep busy. The weekend is also when I try to catch up and plan ahead. I catch up on any exercise minutes or goals I may have slacked on or do some extra to plan ahead of a tough week ahead. I go shopping and prep what I can to make my week easier. There is also loads of housework to keep me busy.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have gotten rid of junk food so that I can't overeat on weekends and I don't like to go out much so I wouldn't be able to buy the food myself. Plus I get plenty of sleep so that I feel restored and I don't need to release the stress by overeating. :)
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My work week is pretty structured and I generally eat the same things and have a schedule. on the weekends already I get up later and I don't have a schedule. so I think really that's my biggest challenge.

we don't have junk food at home but for example, during the week I don't eat much bread at all - but on the weekend I do eat bread. Also I eat all my fruits and veg at pretty structured times during the week but not on the weekend. Also maybe we are out and about, and there may be lunch out, for example.

I need some flexibility with a super structured week, so this is why I end up not planning. I think I need more exercise on the weekend, maybe this will help at least when I have a couple of glasses of wine or a bagel out, for example.

thanks for your replies :)