Does anyone here use exercise videos?

Options
13»

Replies

• comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is great for all fitness levels. All Beachbody workouts are amazing, too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    As soon as Shia LeBouef comes out with a workout video I will be all over that. In the meantime I workout with music.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender and blogilates both on youtube also 30 day shred
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Kind of, I like Chalene Johnson's videos on workouts on instagram for ideas at the gym when I didn't plan well. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I did slim in 6, les mills Pump, now waiting for my knee to be a bit better to do ChaLean Extreme. I really like Beachbody stuff (no I'm not a coach lol).
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have done The Firm,Jillian, and P90X.
    About a month ago I decided to start Stronglifts to see if I could stay motivated without pressing play. I love it!!!
    I love working out to my choice of music.
    I still do p90x yoga and Rodney Lee.
    When I start doing cardio again I'll probably be pressing play for it because I still need the motivation for cardio :-)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I do black girls workout too, not as much as I should but its a great video

there's a black girl's workout? do tell

From what I saw of the premier video, its pretty tough

I Googled it. Looks like a decent enough workout, as video workouts go, but not sure what race has to do with it. Have I been doing it wrong all these years? Is there a black guy's workout I should have been doing to get better results?
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I do black girls workout too, not as much as I should but its a great video

there's a black girl's workout? do tell

From what I saw of the premier video, its pretty tough

I Googled it. Looks like a decent enough workout, as video workouts go, but not sure what race has to do with it. Have I been doing it wrong all these years? Is there a black guy's workout I should have been doing to get better results?

Looks to me like whatever you're doing already is getting pretty good results:)
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do Kelly Coffey Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness. I must have at least 10 of her videos and I never get tired of her. She does a great workout and always gives alternate versions for injuries or if you're not quite up to the fitness level. There's not the ego involved as in the JM videos, and she's in great shape so is very inspiring. I started with Jillian Michaels, but her workouts made my wrists hurt (I'm 51 so have to watch my joints) and I get much better results physically with KCM than I ever did with Jillian Michaels. Videos are definitely personal, but I do find Kelly Coffey Meyer's workouts are my absolute favorite!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I do a lot with the beachbody ones. I go to a local fit club, and we use P90X, Focus T25, Combat, Les Mills Pump, etc. I just ordered my first beachbody workout of my own, and it will be here this week. I'll be starting Hip Hop Abs soon. I also use videos from my cable on demand menu, and even some Richard Simmons.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have three that I like:

AM & PM Yoga for beginners
    Swing Yourself Fit Total Body Workout - Kettlebell workouts
    Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I used videos almost exclusively. I have a bunch of them, and reward my weight loss with them! I really love some of my yoga ones, and my Beachbody ones!

14877786.png
  • jenmencer
    Options
    Beachbody! Les Mills Combat is my favorite. I dropped a lot of weight and inches doing that program. I also realized I have a love for punching and kicking!
  • LuvLosing
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution workouts are some of my favorites.

Jillian became famous as a coach on the "Biggest Loser" show. Her program teaches you how to make better food choices, provides excellent on-line support and workout videos.

you can find out more about her program at:

transformmybody.org
  • rbienvenu
    Options
    As with anything when it comes to making a lifestyle change, being committed to it is really important. You gotta commit yourself and follow through. And following through is really the key to it all. You gotta have enough good reasons to want to be in great shape. If you focus on those and stay focused then it's easier to get the results you want. It's also important that you find a program that you like and that's been proven to get results.

I think one of the best programs is JNL Fusion. You can find it at http://yourfitnessfactor.com

Jennifer Lee who developed this DVD program incorporates what she calls Super-Spiking which combines 30 seconds of strength training plus 30 seconds of cardio. It's pretty effective. It'll get your heart rate up, real important for melting fat, and your muscles burning, real important for strength training which'll give you great muscle tone and get you in great shape. They give ya a 60 day guarantee so if you don't like it you can send it back!

You will definitely sweat.
  • rickthomson58
    Options
    I know several friends who swear by a new yoga program designed for weight loss. That was a surprise to me, but evidently the program concentrates on "reshaping" your body. My friends are getting good results and say it really fun. The woman who developed the course is a several sport coach and has a Masters in Exercise Physiology. You can find info on it through www.topyogaprogram.com.
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    I've been doing rushfit since september I restarted cause i hurt my ankle and missed a week so I'm on week 3 now. I have p90x for after i'm done rushfit and I do some biggest loser dvd's when I have my cardio days in the rushfit program. I have the smart hub tv and it has an app for exercise I use it sometimes but I find the exercises more for women (i'm a female but I find the girl workouts easy and boring)
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would recommend P90X/2; I had great results with those plus the dude has some great one liners.

In December I thing they will be realizing P90X3 which will be only 30 minutes/day which would work for ppl without a lot of time on their hands.