44 years old, not over weight but VERY flabby. HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    <<<44

You can look just about any way you want. You just got to want it.

I shed 30 lbs & installed a six-pack in about 11-12 weeks.

I might add my abs have been ripped open from many surgeries through 12" incisions.

Creep my profile pics & tell me if its possible....

You want it? Go get it! :)
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    <
    63 and mum of 4 , granny of 5. I lift and do Zumba . I recommend both. Good luck!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    <
    46 mom of three. I was in your shoes back in May. I started lifting in mid June and I'm very pleased. I want to look like Helen when I'm 60 and a grandma. Awesome job.

I'm actually working on adding muscle and eating at a surplus right now. You can read about my journey here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1088730-female-bulking-advice-needed
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I wonder if resistance bands are just as good as weights? I have those and a ball here at home. I've been using them for the past week with videos from youtube. I thought that maybe if I just do some things at home that it would help, but I know that going to the gym would be best....especially for motivation. NOBODY in my home is motivated to work out. NOBODY. lol

Grats on your weight loss! That is AWESOME!! As for your belly.....I had a doctor tell me that the only thing that would work is a tummy tuck!!! SURELY that's not true?!?!?!?! There has to be SOMEONE on this site that has made it happen!

From personal experience - although resistance bands can be good if you've got no other options, they are not comparable to weights.

I'd suggest investing in dumbbells with plates versus resistance bands (if you don't want to or can't invest in a gym membership or a power rack w/ barbells and plates).
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So glad I stumbled across this thread as you are all so inspirational! Now I really am determined to get in shape and wear a bikini for the first time next summer, thanks!
  • Chicklit007
    Options
    <
    63 and mum of 4 , granny of 5. I lift and do Zumba . I recommend both. Good luck!

helenjon752 YOU are especially AWESOME!
  • Chicklit007
    Options
    I'm going to do this once and for all. I have no excuses not to. Thank you all for your inspirational stories! I'm so glad that I found this site!!!! I have the app now. I have my YMCA membership (for 2 years now). I also bought the book that was recommended on this thread...it'll be here in a few days. And I have determination and motivation.

Now I just need a battle buddy here in my neighborhood to go to the gym with me to make it more fun. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!