50 pounds in 6 months?

Options
2»

Replies

• SCGoodolBoy
    Options
    I started in March doing the Keto diet. I learned about it at www.reddit.com/r/keto I have so far lost 80 lbs in that time. I have actually been stalled about a month so I lost 80 lbs in 6 months. Sticking to it isn't really easy but if you do the rewards are great. Check it out and see if it's something you think you could do. You stay very satisfied between meals and don't have that hungry feeling a lot of "Diets" cause. Good luck on your journey.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I started march 21st and I'm down 67lb you can do it if you really want it!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Yep, easy. I lost 71lbs in 4months and been maintaining for the past 10months
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    at the moment you should focus on diet and exercise goals. weight will melt away eventually i hope so. :) Good Luck.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    lift weights. muscle is a fraction of the size of fat, and at it's burning fat for you even while at rest. still focus on your diet and get some cardio in to improve your heart, but don't forget to build muscle.
  • natalieturrell
    Options
    Yes, you can easily achieve this, just log everything that you eat and drink, keeping to your allowed calories and increase your exercise. I'm sure if you are determined then you will achieve this goal. I have lost 71 lb's in 8 months but a majority of the weight loss was within the first 5 months as the closer I am to my goal weight the slower it is to come off. Good luck x
  • Pidgeywendy
    Pidgeywendy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did - I lost 65lbs in 6 months following a low carb diet. I basically ate only veg, fruit, fish, lean meat and drank nothing but water. Nothing else. I also trained four times a week for an hour - a mix of gym work, running, power walking.

It takes absolute determination and focus. You cheat or do it half assed - you don't hit your target. Simple.

I was a UK34 last year, and halved myself in 12 months to a UK16/18.

Over this summer I had two injuries and couldn't train...I then started to feel sorry for myself and ate rubbish again. Back on went the fat - 40lbs of it. Boy am I mad with myself! Back on it now, and am going to hit my target of dropping two more dress sizes by Christmas and I'll hit my absolute end goal of being a UK12 by Easter :-)

So - yes, it's possible. But you need to commit to it. Tell EVERYONE you know and hold yourself accountable to it. Go for it girl!
  • raleyclub
    raleyclub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome example of weight loss. Congratulations! Please add me to your friends so I can follow your success.
  • sagreenious
    sagreenious Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck Amanda! I'm sure you can do it :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    lift weights. muscle is a fraction of the size of fat, and at it's burning fat for you even while at rest. still focus on your diet and get some cardio in to improve your heart, but don't forget to build muscle.

OP won't build appreciable muscle on the caloric deficit she needs to drop the weight in 5 months.
  • Lynnaroo
    Options
    Some great realistic ideas in your post.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That sounds realistic. Actually, I may try to do that myself. Good luck on your journey!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My daughter is close to your age and she lost 40 lbs in about 4 1/2 months by getting a little more active (she walks) and changing her food choices. You can do it :) Good luck!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I believe you can do it! try setting smaller goals such as monthly goals! That will help.you not get discouraged also add encouraging friends! They will help you pull through tough times!! Feel.free to add :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 54 lbs and it has taken me 7.5 months.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Oh and 30 day shred by jillian micheals has been a great tool in losing inches for me :)
  • Lavinia2You
    Options
    I have a slightly different take on this. One thing that makes a big difference in how fast you lose, especially at first, is if you gained it recently. I can gain 10lbs in a week, if I'm binging. So, even though I might lose that 10lbs really fast, it's not necessarily unhealthy to do that.

If you're a goal oriented person, then by all means, make that your goal. The worst that can happen is that you lose 45 and look fabulous in your prom gown! LOL

Instead of focusing on cutting things out at this point, I'd just focus on the calories. Just by cutting calories, you WILL be cutting back on the "bad things" you described. The nice thing about that is you can have absolutely anything you want, so you don't have a need to binge or a reason to go "off program." Just figure it into your daily calories. MFP recommended 1,200 calories for me, but I discovered that's not enough for me - my stomach growls constantly, and I get dizzy...just not good. So, I changed it to 1,500 and have been able to maintain that level and lose weight. So, take everything with a grain of salt. Take recommendations, but then create your own program...one that works for you.

Also, focus on being healthier. Maybe set a goal for a few months after prom. That way, you won't lose the weight, only to gain it back after prom. Best, L
This discussion has been closed.