Allow me to introduce myself

Options
lkm111
lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
Hello! I am another of the many "Today" newbies. I was astounded by the young lady's profile in the "Joy Fit Club" and jotted down the website. After poking around I joined up because it appears to be very easy.

I have been on SparkPeople for awhile, but find it to be a lot of tracking. This site seems very streamlined and easy to use. Yay!

I have been heavy most of my adult life. I have not been below 200 lbs. since college. I turned 40 this year and decided that I have to do this now or face being heavy the rest of my life.

I am a teacher, so I am on my feet most of the day which makes exercising when I get home an exhausting thought. I have found Zumba and hope that will keep me more motivated. I like it so far. I want to add other things later on. I'm extremely self concious about my weight, so I know I will never set foot in a gym.

My husband has not been very supportive. He's in the National Guard and doesn't understand why losing weight is hard for me. I have had some medical issues that have also gotten in the way - a surgery and a slipped disc. I'm slowly getting my strength back and I actually feel better now than I did four years ago.

My other challenge is finding an eating plan that works for me. Financially I cannot afford Weight Watchers or any of the prepackaged meals. I get overwhelmed trying to make menus, do the shopping, cooking and still satisfy two picky eaters (husband and daughter).

Any advice and support will certainly be welcome. Thanks for reading! :happy:

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great start. If you need support or whatever, feel free to add me! That goes for everyone. Never can have enough friends/support! :flowerforyou:
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I know you will find the support and tools you need to make this a successful journey for you.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place the people here are very kind and helpful
  • lkm111
    Options
    Thank you, and congratulations on your accomplishments!
  • lessjess1
    lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP requires a lot of tracking too. Its just something we've gotta do if we want to manage our weight/fitness!
  • lkm111
    Options
    Thank you!, I appreciate the warm welcome!
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to find support. Please add me if you'd like. I know for me, having 5 kids aged 12-24 in the house, it can be daunting finding something everyone likes. I have decided though, that I'm tired of cooking 2 different meals and so I'm dedicated to finding better nutritional meals for the old favorites. I made chicken stew, a special cherry dessert, all low fat low calorie and my family loved it. It's all about learning and growing. You can do this!
  • lkm111
    Options
    Thank you! I know I will be able to find something that works for me.
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started using this site last week and find it very easy to use. The people I have met have been very supportive, too! I hope this site works for you!