Ben and Jerry's

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Talenti Gelato. The.Bomb. Especially the sea salt caramel.:smooched:
    i want to try this one...just have to figure out where to buy it

they have it at publix....if you have one in your area..I think the fresh market has it too, if you have one of those...
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love Ben and Jerry's and Haagen Daas! Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Now I'm wishing I had some strawberry haagen daas!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I seem to recall being very partial to Chubby Hubby.... although Half Baked sounds pretty good, too.

Ben and Jerry's prices are outrageous in Canada, so I haven't bought any in a long time.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    i want to try this one...just have to figure out where to buy it

Yes!!! Talenti is the absolute shiz nit. They make pops now... which is great, because I used to not be able keep it in the house or I'd eat the entire lil' container in one sitting.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Apparently I should have kept my mouth shut about it, because it seems everyone in my area is now buying it and we have a drought. I can't get it anywhere for love nor money (and trust me, I've offered both).
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Talenti Gelato is amazing stuff, a little spendy, but if you want something good and worth the calories then Talenti is the way to go.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Talenti Gelato is amazing stuff, a little spendy, but if you want something good and worth the calories then Talenti is the way to go.

Lookout for offers. I find it almost always on offer in one grocery store or other, and I stock the freezer up. I've seen it as low as 2 tubs for $4. I got odd looks at the checkout that day.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Just finished off a pint of Phish Food. I like Americone Dream too.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I agree, haagen dazs is the superior ice cream. I also eat up some belfonte premium black walnut ice cream. someone steered me to magnum, a competitor of haagen dazs, and it SUCKED!!! haagen dazs all the way!
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough is always a winner, but agree with others, late night snack is the bestttt.

I live in Germany at the moment and Haagen Daz is the normal ice cream here. Haha.

If you're able, try and find Tillamook cake batter ice cream for a tastebud orgasm. It's the one thing I miss from the USA like crazy.
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Obsessed with Phish Food and Coffee Heath Bar Crunch (or Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch if you're not into coffee). I've heard their Greek Yogurt Vanilla Honey Caramel is really good too.

Haagen Dazs, I go Vanilla Swiss Almond, Rocky Road, or the gelatos, Sea Salt Caramel or Dark Chocolate Chip.
  • bigsisterdice
    Options
    Americone Dream is amazeballs :P We have a scoop shop near us so we get to try any and all of their flavors, but that's my go-to if we're in the grocery store. Just make sure you allot for it in your calories!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Half Baked, all day baby.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Schweddy Balls...nough said
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby is what I live for in life. Chocolate covered, peanut butter filled pretzels in vanilla malt ice cream with fudge and caramel swirls.

Edited to add: Folks who have mentioned Tillamook are onto a good thing too - Coffee Almond Fudge or Mudslide!!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon bun, half baked, s'mores, chubby hubby- except the pretzels get stale. Volun-tiramisu (Target exclusive), the key lime pie was amazing (rip.) I also like the talenti sea salt caramel, and the HD sea salt caramel gelato. There was some other brand of lemon gelato (not sorbetto) that I used to get a meijer that was amazing, but I can't find it since I moved.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Shortcake Greek Frozen Yogurt. The Boston Creme Pie is terrible, and I haven't tried many other flavors.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Salted Caramel gelato. I've never been a real big ice cream lover, but OMFG, I'm addicted. It's bad. real bad. Like 'I'll have rice-cakes for lunch, or run 5 miles to afford the calories addicted.

Safeway carries pints made by 'VIlla Dolce' which I've never heard of, and may be new gourmet or 'faked upscale' house-brand Either way, I don't care.
    I'm having a scoop of it here in about 15 minutes.

To avoid total thread-drift, Ben and Jerry's is awesome as well. I've tried every flavor and the only one I don't love is Pistachio, which is, oddly enough, one of my favorite flavors otherwise. That and green tea flavor.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat a lot of ice cream now but back when I did, Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream was pretty good. It was calorie dense (of course) but I liked it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    CHUNKY MONKEY. My all time favorite.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition