BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    King Soopers (Kroger brand)
    Walmart
    Safeway
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I shop at walmart most of the time, but like aldis and use my local farmers market till it packs up
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Kroger, ALDI, Walmart, Meijer, Trader Joe's, Jungle Jim's <-(If they don't have it you don't need it)
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I think it's neat to see the different regional grocery stores as I have moved around the eastern US.

VT -- Pathmark.
    MD -- Safeway.
    NC/VA/TN -- Kroger.
    FL -- Publix.

I'm about to move to Wisconsin and I'm sure I will get to experience another one.

I forgot I also lived in Delaware -- no idea where I shopped there! Not the most memorable place...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Costco for lettuce, Dominion for slider thin buns, apple butter bbq sauce, and my salad dressing, and Sobey's for the air miles.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Walmart for most my groceries like lamb, beef, salmon, pork, bread, and vegetables.
    Local Asian market for black rice.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Costco for most of our meat except chicken and extra lean ground beef.

Winco for everything else.

Walmart for quickie trips (we live literally around the corner).
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Costco, and whatever chain grocery store I happen to be driving by when I need groceries (usually Albertson's, QFC or Safeway). I also belong to a CSA and get fruits and veggies delivered.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Local grocery store and Trader Joe's.

Our local Walmart lost electricity and didn't bother throwing their meat away. Would not shop there. :sick:
  • hell0_123
    Options
    My parent's fridge because I live with them.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I make the short half hour drive to a local meat processor for 99% of my meat. The quality and price definitely makes it worth it. Kroger and Sam's Club for everything else.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I like to get my meat from the butchers. I should go to the local markets for fruit & veg but it's too much hassle with 2 little kids so I just buy the crap that the supermarket has.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wegmans. LOVE their stuff! Produce is excellent, meats are top notch, too. And yummy desserts and pastries. I like their prepared foods as well. There are only 2 things they don't have that I have to go to the Shop Rite for....the b/f's Haagen Dazs white chocolate truffle ice cream and the cottage cheese brand I like.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    That all looks amazing!! :-)

My fiance and I buy about 60% of our groceries from Aldi (most of our produce, many staples/baking items, cheese, dairy, nuts, lots of frozen seafood). We don't eat beef, chicken or poultry so that is N/A.

15% comes from Food 4 Less, partly because it's within easy walking distance of our home. Things we buy there include a certain type of bread, some produce, tortillas, etc. This is where we often pop in for 2-3 items midweek.

15% is from a locally owned ethnic/natural food store that sells primarily Asian products. We only shop there once a month but we buy rice, tofu, a few specialty produce items, sauces, oils & coconut-based products here. It can be pricey, but still WAY cheaper than the fancy health food stores or the farmer's market (in our area farmer's market = $7 tomato).

The remaining 10% is from Target. Our store has a decent grocery section but is not a Super Target. We regularly purchase noosa and other Greek yogurt and all of our fav Morningstar Farms products here because it's way cheaper than anywhere else in town. My fiance buys Kashi stuff here, and we also get Clif Z bars and Clif Crunch at Target.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Publix
    Whole foods
    The fresh market
    farmers market
    meridian food market
  • sand1941
    sand1941 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Farmers markets on the weekends for fruits and veg mostly, but for the weekly grind there is a Shaw's right around the corner from me and a trader joe's a few stops up on the subway. Adjusting to life in the city is interesting.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The convenience store.

584455125_20322722_answer_1_xlarge.png
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Costco
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    We shop at our local kroger for groceries.. I don't really like shopping at walmart for produce.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Safeway. Sometimes Trader Joe's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition