BodyRock.TV/Zuzka Light for weight loss?

Options
I have tried... and tried... to enjoy going to the gym. But I HATE it! Cardio on the elliptical is so boring, and lifting weights gets so repetitive, plus I feel like I need to be there at least 45 minutes to get a decent workout in. Between work and chores on the ranch after work, I just don't have that time.

So, I have been looking into BodyRock for a few weeks, done some research, and really like that it is short, intense workouts- easy to fit in, no excuses. HOwever I have seen so much conflicting stuff about doing just HIIT/Interval training for weight loss (I'd like to lose about 80 pounds) not being the most effective... but so much about it being effective. I've got my diet nailed down and track what I eat on here, and I have really felt results from the 2 bodyrock workouts I have done so far. I did the challenge one for yesterday and MAN my quads and butt are feeling it!

I do like Zuzana better, but if I follow her old workouts, not sure how to do them to be effective, ie which ones, and how to rotate, and not sure what her new stuff is...

SO... is it truly possible to have effective exercise for weight loss with these workouts, combined with clean eating? What results have people have for weight loss with them?

Replies

• jackaroo1223
    Options
    Anyone? ZWOW or Bodyrock?
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Simply answer- HIIT can be an effective way to lose weight in addition to other factors.
    Other factors-
    -Diet?
    -Doing the HIIT for how long?
    - What % of exercises are muscle building vs more aerobic?

There are pro's and cons to many workouts. There is more research proving and disproving all types of exercise, weight loss, etc (just think how we have been told a baby should sleep to prevent SIDS, stomach, then back, the side, then back again)

IMHO, do what you like and you will do it regularly and with enthusiasm. Adjust them as you see fit and add strength components to it.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have used bodyrock while traveling ( great hotel room workouts). However....for me the major changes in my body occurred when I started weight lifting. You can check out my profile....a pic from 12/12/12....I was all about the cardio...and just exploring HIIT. Fast forward to weightlifting....

With that said....any bodyweight-for-resistance HIIT is going to give you a good start! Find about 4-6 workouts that you enjoy, and just rotate through them. You can also check out youtube for correct form...and be sure to measure/take pix of yourself to record the results....NOT just the scale! HTH!
  • Wantmy2dollars
    Wantmy2dollars Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had found a leg workout that worked great for me at home. My back was out and i could not do heavy weight for my legs at the gym. It was a ZWow workout.

Trouble I had when I considered doing more of it was finding workouts that actually met the needs of which body parts I needed to work on a given day.