Any Bridesmaids trying to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    matron of honor next june. i just started here, and lost about 10 pounds. by the time the wedding is here i hope to be at goal, i have enough time to lose 60 more pounds.

not sure what to do about ordering a dress though... i'm losing, AND breastfeeding, i have NO idea what size i'll be, and i have the feeling she'll want to get the dresses settled asap and not wait till the end of summer, and they cant take the dress in 2 or 3 sizes (i asked at a bridal salon)

Did she say why she wants to find the dresses so early? You only really need about 5-7 months from what I hear....

she's just a planner. :) am i too so that part of me is fine with picking out so soon, it makes things easier, but it does present a problem with the sizes LOL she doesnt know i'm losing weight, i havent said much about it on fb, and i dont see her in person often because she lives about an hour away.

the bridal salon i asked about it says we should start looking in the fall.
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    matron of honor next june. i just started here, and lost about 10 pounds. by the time the wedding is here i hope to be at goal, i have enough time to lose 60 more pounds.

not sure what to do about ordering a dress though... i'm losing, AND breastfeeding, i have NO idea what size i'll be, and i have the feeling she'll want to get the dresses settled asap and not wait till the end of summer, and they cant take the dress in 2 or 3 sizes (i asked at a bridal salon)

Did she say why she wants to find the dresses so early? You only really need about 5-7 months from what I hear....

she's just a planner. :) am i too so that part of me is fine with picking out so soon, it makes things easier, but it does present a problem with the sizes LOL she doesnt know i'm losing weight, i havent said much about it on fb, and i dont see her in person often because she lives about an hour away.

the bridal salon i asked about it says we should start looking in the fall.

Ohh ok that makes sense! I am so anxious though because we now have to wait 3 months to get the dress and even then I don't know what size I will be lol...I am hoping that I lose about 2-3 inches around my waist by then!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    It's so funny when brides demand ridiculous things from the wedding party. I was the maid of honor for my best friend from college, and she wanted me to lose weight just from my boobs to fit into a dress. The rest of it fit fine. I eventually convinced her that she was being insane, and she chose a different dress for me.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm in a wedding May 17 and need to lose weight so my dress zips (the parts that I measured fit, it's just weirdly tight between my stomach and chest, which...I did not see coming). But hopefully it will be the motivation I need to finally get my act together!
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm losing for my friend's wedding in August.
  • karagus
    karagus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep! Wedding is in October. When we tried on dresses I was between a 14 and a 12 and I went with the 12...hoping maybe I'll even have to get it taken in a bit! Luckily I do not have a Bridezilla on my hands :) but i want to look my best