What to do if not hit calorie goal

Options
2»

Replies

• helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i will never understand why anyone would choose to eat junk/unhealthy food just to fill a calorie goal that doesn't need to be filled?? If your sick, don't eat. If u had a good workout and burned a lot of calories and have taken in a decent amount of food and are not hungry.. don't eat. Your body isn't going to shut down, your weight loss isn't going to stall...

Exactly.
    It's not like you do this often, you were ill and couldn't eat. If you weren't trying to lose weight you wouldn't have eaten anything, so why should it be any different when you're trying to lose weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    i will never understand why anyone would choose to eat junk/unhealthy food just to fill a calorie goal that doesn't need to be filled?? If your sick, don't eat. If u had a good workout and burned a lot of calories and have taken in a decent amount of food and are not hungry.. don't eat. Your body isn't going to shut down, your weight loss isn't going to stall...

Easy, it makes me less likely to binge later. Obviously if I don't feel like having anything else, I won't though... but that never happens anymore... unless I'm sick. Then I wouldn't eat anything either probably!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as unhealthy food.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    it's not going to hurt you.. to have 1 day where you didn't eat enough. Just get back on track and eat how you normally would today. I wouldn't make up for it. I'd just go on with my normally scheduled planning.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Of course there's such a thing as unhealthy food. Unhealthy food is food that has little nutritional value such as high fat/sugar/calorific foods.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Of course there's such a thing as unhealthy food. Unhealthy food is food that has little nutritional value such as high fat/sugar/calorific foods.

Nope.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Nope.

Here we go... again.
  • paleojoe
    Options

Even margarine? They couldn't at least leave our butter alone...
  • jonnythan
    Options

Given the nature and timing of the last two posts - both yours, and the only posts in the thread in the past 20 hours or so - it looks like you're just trying to start an offtopic argument.
  • paleojoe
    Options

Given the nature and timing of the last two posts - both yours, and the only posts in the thread in the past 20 hours or so - it looks like you're just trying to start an offtopic argument.

Not at all... I have been following some of the forum posts and yes, I have seen all the back and forth. That said, I am genuinely curious about your response because right or wrong, to say there is no such thing as an unhealthy food is a very bold statement. Promise, no arguments. Oddly enough, you actually have me rethinking some of my beliefs.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Not at all... I have been following some of the forum posts and yes, I have seen all the back and forth. That said, I am genuinely curious about your response. Promise, no arguments. Oddly enough, you actually have me rethinking some of my beliefs.

Depends on how you define margarine. Very little "margarine" on the shelves these days has trans fat, which is what made the margarines of old inherently unhealthy.

Artificial trans fat is really the only nutrient that's inherently unhealthy. Very little food has any appreciable quantity of artificial trans fat anymore.
  • paleojoe
    Options
    Depends on how you define margarine. Very little "margarine" on the shelves these days has trans fat, which is what made the margarines of old inherently unhealthy.

Artificial trans fat is really the only nutrient that's inherently unhealthy. Very little food has any appreciable quantity of artificial trans fat anymore.

What about vegetables oils in general ( which I think it what they are made of)? My understanding is, they are dangerous due to how quickly they oxidize in our bodies.
  • jonnythan
    Options

What about vegetables oils in general? My understanding is, they are dangerous due to how quickly they oxidize in our bodies.

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Vegetable fats are bad?

I think you should probably start a new thread for these questions since this is totally OT.