Why can't I just finish the dadgum RACE???

Options
What is it about losing weight that I can't keep on doing???? I'll do so well and just like a kid, I'll go right back to my old habits! I know in my HEAD that it's wrong, but I just do it. I can relate to people who are addicted to drugs. It's HARD to stay on track, the food, (sugary stuff) calls my name. When I don't eat sugar, I feel better, look better...but I'm ALWAYS thinkin' about it! I look at other people and wonder if they're thinking about the next time they can eat. I'm ALWAYS thinkin' about eating ANYTHING. It's so tiring, I'm never full. If feels more like a mind thing, like an addiction, than anything else. I can't tell if I'm full, I'm never full...That's just wrong right there. Maybe I can just grow up for once. I love this site because it's kinda anonymous and I can vent about my feelings. Feelings that not even my closest friends know that I have. Good luck to everybody. I saw this site on the TODAY show, maybe that will be me on there a year from now. I feel better just writing all of this.............

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    One of my breakthrough moments was when I realized this wasn't a race. Speed isn't the goal and there is no finish line. This is a lifestyle change and it is forever. It isn't easy but it is rewarding. The benefits of eating healthy and being active help to prevent me from falling back into old routines. That and still allowing myself to eat my favourite foods. Nothing is off limits, it is all about moderation and owning the decisions I make.