How often do you do a weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Honestly I weigh myself every morning after I wake up and sue the restroom. I don't consider myself obsessed with weighing myself, but as I am about 8 months into my weight loss journey and have lost 82lbs so far... I am still learning how different foods affect me, so I like to monitor myself daily. I don't get upset or freak out if the scale goes up. I know weight fluctuates. But it's also nice to know how YOUR body reacts to certain amounts of sodium, carbs, etc. It's not the same for everyone.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Depends. If I get a good number I can wait until next week to weight in. If it is a bad one, I will weigh daily until I get the number that I am looking for.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Weigh when you feel you need to there is no right or wrong way to do it. I myself only weigh once a week I have no interest in what my body is doing everyday all day . Long as I stick to my cal goals and keep my body moving it will all work out in the end.
  • HexyleneGlycol
    Options
    Im having the exact same problem. I was 187 on Tues. Yesterday 190 and today Im 192. Ive been eating right and exercising everyday. The only thing is. on Tues. I weighed myself first thing in the A.M. and yesterday and today I weighed myself at night after I had ate and drank a whole bunch of water. Your goal is to lose a certain weight EVERY WEEK...so I would suggest to only weigh yourself EVERY WEEK. Otherwise you will get discouraged and drive yourself crazy. Every dietician and fitness expert would advise you to not weigh yourself any more than once a week because it is only natural for your weight to fluctuate.
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'd say about every two weeks, usually on a Saturday morning when I get to Curves (before my workout), since I like their big scale. Definitely hit the bathroom first and empty out. I try to not to eat too much salt the day before. I also don't work out too hard the day before I weigh in, since my body tends to hold water after a hard workout.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Gotta do it everyday - before eating or drinking. And i usually weigh myself after exercising - just for kicks - i know its not real, as i could be slightly dehydrated. And i am a person that would Never weigh before i started MFP. And it took me about a month after starting here to have the nerve to weigh everyday. Now that i have seen that it works - i am slightly obsessed with weighing.