Lost motivation =(

Options
So I've been on vacation for the past 3 weeks, ate like a pig, drank like an alcoholic and just layed around. Now am back, bloated and am sure I gained 5-7 lbs afraid to get on the scale. Lost all motivation to get back on MFP :( but just can't afford to go back to being sad and miserable because I am heavier. Before I went on vacation I was doign so well, Jillian MIchaels was helping me get fit and I was losing inches and weight,. Now the thought of hearing that crazy woman's voice coming from my TV is traumatizing, that 30 Shred program is murder! I wish weight could just melt away "/

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If weight could just melt away there wouldn't be a reason for this site to exist :smile:. But fat doesn't just melt off of us and this site does exist, so let's make the most of the latter to cause the former!

All I can say is forget about your little vacation, the more you dwell on it, the worse you're going to feel. What's done is done, so what are you going to do about it? Get back to Jillian, she is calling you. She misses you. Thin you misses you too. Don't disappoint them.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Just do it. You did it before you can do it again. Yea, you had a bad 3 weeks, move past it now and get going again. No one here is judging you, we've all had set backs. Just start exercising again and it'll come back to you. Just stop thinking about it and do it. Good luck!
  • mcostigan
    mcostigan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get on the scale anyway so you can see where you are at. Avoidance can be a person's worst enemy.
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    Come on, get up and get going! You just got to get started! If you don't want to weigh yourself, then don't. Take a walk, run, go to the gym, put in a tape, anything... Tell yourself just a half hour today - you can do it!
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    It's harder to start again when you've stopped - whether that's after 3 days or 3 weeks. You need to see the scale because a) it might not be as bad as you think and b) you ahve to own it - see the number, workout what you want to do and do it.
    Good luck :bigsmile:
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You know I was just on vaction for a week and a half and I did not follow MFP at all. I thought I was going to have gained back a ton of weight but I did not. I only gained .2 back. Take a couple days and get back into eating the MFP way and drink a TON of water. then weigh in If you do that your body wont be so blotted and you will not be retaining a bunch of fluid. So even if you did put some back on it will not feel so blah and also that way you will be back tp eating right and be on the right track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I ate bad on vacation with the kids. I made time to jog in the mornings and swim but ate bad when we went to parks. Not to mention my kids stressed me out on vacation since my husband stayed home. Anyway I am at that depressing state too. I am working out on my own but have gained 8 lbs since the summer started and it is sort of depressing. I can't seem to stick to anything. Hope I can snap out of this and move on. Good luck LOL
  • sabvit
    sabvit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's normal to have ups and downs when dieting. I did the same thing in June. It took me about a week to gain my diet momentum back. Rather than punishing yourself for enjoying your vacation, just get back on the program right away. Try to remember how good you felt about yourself when you were losing.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I've been on vacation for the past 3 weeks, ate like a pig, drank like an alcoholic and just layed around. Now am back, bloated and am sure I gained 5-7 lbs afraid to get on the scale. Lost all motivation to get back on MFP :( but just can't afford to go back to being sad and miserable because I am heavier. Before I went on vacation I was doign so well, Jillian MIchaels was helping me get fit and I was losing inches and weight,. Now the thought of hearing that crazy woman's voice coming from my TV is traumatizing, that 30 Shred program is murder! I wish weight could just melt away "/

The way you are speaking is as if it is impossible to carry on!! For goodness sake, you had a wonderful vacation and now you are back home, time to crack on in time for the next vacation. I dare say you may be correct regarding putting some weight back on, I know that I have always done that (except once and that was because there was so many activities on that holiday, I needed another holiday to get over the first one when I returned :laugh: )

Let's say, for the sake of argument that you have put on 5lbs. That 5lbs will remain there unless you crack down and get to it. If you start as soon as possible, within one month, that excess could be gone and you will, once again, be fit, the weight you want to be and no longer miserable.

Come on, you can do this, stop wallowing and get to it, if you don't want to do that Shred thingy, go for walks, jog for a while, ANYTHING as long as it is not sitting and thinking about how hard done by you are, because you aren't. It is completely within your power to get yourself up and back onto the health and fitness regime.

Don't let all your previous hard work go to pot, you may have put on a little weight over your vacation, but it is purely temporary and the timespan it remains there is as long as you take to start afresh xxx :flowerforyou:

(First things first, you really need to jump on those bloody scales you know, otherwise you will not have a clue what is going on. Jump on them, write the figure down and then be 100% resolved to do something about it if the weight is up)
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters here. Vacation was vacation. Now that it is over I'm sure you can start over again. Don't get too discouraged if you gained some weight. Just remember how great it felt when you were losing it and stick with it!
  • Winter0916
    Options
    Awww guys thank you so much this is REALLY helpful, I am feeling much better and tomorrow morning am getting on that scale. My goal will be to lose whatever I gained by Labor Day :)