Birthday Ideas!

VanillaBeanSeed
VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
Hey Everyone!

First a little about me.

26, Canadian, and down 100+lbs!

This Thursday is my birthday. Id love to have make some treats to share that are tasty and not TOO crazy on the cals.

Any good recipes for:

Cookies
Rocky road squares
muffins
cupcakes

Or anything else that would be a nice birthday treat to share with others and have a few pieces myself! =)

GO!!

:drinker:

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    We made a birthday cake by sticking candles into half a watermelon. It was so cute! Happy birthday!! Great job on your weight loss!!
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Happy early birthday!!

Apple Spice Cake

21-ounces canned apple pie filling, we used Comstock More Fruit, No HFCS
    18-ounces boxed spice cake mix, we used Duncan Hines
    3 whole large eggs
    Cooking spray to prepare your pan

Mix all the ingredients and bake in a preheated oven until toothpick inserted comes out clean (30-33 minutes for 13x9). 325F for dark or coated pan, 350F for glass or light metal.

This is the best cake I've had from a mix in a long time. Low calorie or otherwise. If serving to guests I might offer some kind of fancy garnish like cream, yogurt, or ice cream. Completely optional, I'd do a nice dollop of Greek yogurt but that's me and what I keep in my fridge but it's just as yummy without.

For 1/18th of the cake

Calories 154
    Carbohydrates 30g
    Fat 3g
    Saturated fat 1g
    Protein 2g
    Cholesterol 35mg
    Sodium 182mg
    Sugar 19g
    Fiber 0g

ETA: D'oh! I missed the whole part about cupcakes ... sorry!

Spray pan, use liners or squares of parchment squashed in with a glass, bake 16-19 minutes, makes 24 cupcakes.

1/24th of recipe

Calories 115
    Carbohydrates 22g
    Fat 2g
    Saturated fat 1g
    Protein 1g
    Cholesterol 26mg
    Sodium 137mg
    Sugar 14g
    Fiber 0g

Also, I haven't made or ate these:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/09/20/skinny-pumpkin-cheesecake-brownies/

But they look and sound delicious, I was thinking about making them for Thanksgiving in a few weeks.